[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lost motivation being a software developer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: WDF_1438255.jpg (554 KB, 950x1080) Image search: [Google]
WDF_1438255.jpg
554 KB, 950x1080
Hi, /g. I'm a software developer in the third world country. The pay is good (I make 60K $ a year, which is very high in my country). Problem is I don't find it exciting to write codes every day anymore! For the last five years, it's always the same shit over and over again. I know technology changes, programming language changes, even my job changes (I've worked as front end developer, DevOps, backend developer..), but I feel they old share same patterns.

- start a project with lots of excitement
- write a runable software (with many bugs)
- fix bugs
- fix bugs
- fix bugs
- until I got depress and start looking for new job

So, developers in /g, how long have you been in the software industry? How you get yourself motivated? Have you ever found it boring to be a software developer?
>>
>>54520467
POO IN LOO
>>
>>54520467
>I'm a software developer in the third world country

No poo for you sir
>>
>>54520467
Maybe if you stopped writing shit code and copying and pasting directly from Stack Overflow, you'd actually enjoy programming. As long as the code you write smells like your bedroom (poo), you won't like it.
>>
>>54520467
if you'd know how to code properly you wouldn't have to deal with so many bugs

whats actually worse is: you get a specification, perfectly implement it according to the specification, and later they want you to add some features which leaves you with 2 options: create a hacked together clusterfuck, or rewrite most parts of it.
>>
>>54520487
Hello Mr. /g, what do mean by po in loo???
>>
>>54520537
This has to be some REALLY good bait man
>>
>>54520587
That's not even bait senpai. If it's not believable, in the real world we'd probably call it sarcasm.
>>
get a hobby outside of tech-related stuff
>>
>>54520467
Nice blog, Pajeet
>>
>>54520487
>POO IN LOO

Haha. 60k in poo land?

Literally not possible.
>>
>>54520467
I understand. I have the same issue here in the US. I get beyond bored and find the lack of incentive or motivation to simply do the daily 9-5 grind.
>>
>>54520467
Who's this semen demon?
>>
>>54520467
As you already have a job, I suppose you have skills and understanding of general principles, thus you don't need to study basics and you can start reading about different implementations of those principles in world-changing technologies. Just pick at random, and dive in. Me myself, I had similar problem, but got deeply fascinated with cryptography, when read about blockchain technology.
>>
>>54521251
OP here, I work remotely for a US company.

>>54523875
just random picture, no idea.

>>54523942
thanks for your recommendation, maybe I will try some new things.

>>54521164
for example?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.