[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people on this board worship an obese narcissistic autist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: systemd.png (92 KB, 717x581) Image search: [Google]
systemd.png
92 KB, 717x581
Why do people on this board worship an obese narcissistic autist who never did anything except think up one (obvious) idea?
He's basically the Steve Jobs of software, except that the people who worship him are even more ignorant.
>>
>>54519729
>steve jobs of software
You're implying that Stallman has charisma with common folks.
>>
I enjoy arch
I like how every package is in the repos or in the community repos
I like how the community is large and so all the latest cool shit is bound to be ready to go and covered on archwiki
Arch justwerks desu

Void is also a really cool distro, rolling release, without systemd, but it's literally who tier. And most packages I want I have to compile, and that's annoying.
Same for like, LSD linux.

Just I wish I knew more about systemd and how it works, all the memery on here has gotten me really scared and certainly from what I've seen of poettering I don't like his "my way or bust" mentality. But, I just don't know what the essence of it really is and why I should switch to like gentoo+upstart or even slackware+initscripts (which I did once and it was slow as shit and I hated it)

I also need to learn more about pulseaudio, and netctl and everything else poettering before I go bashing it I guess. I hate feeling in the dark.
>>
Are you talking shit about sysadmin?
>>
>>54519729
>who never did anything

Yeah, it's like GNU/Linux and FOSS don't power the whole internet or anything
>>
>>54520032
He came up with one idea, the GPL, then decided to live the rest of his life pushing that idea on others and never having another creative or productive thought.
He's even less responsible for GNU than Steve Jobs is for the devices his engineers designed.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.