[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, niggers. I need your opinion. I'm a Manjaro user.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: cutetongue.png (157 KB, 260x366) Image search: [Google]
cutetongue.png
157 KB, 260x366
Okay, niggers. I need your opinion.
I'm a Manjaro user. I like a lot the bleeding edge thing, but i think it's time for something more stable.

What are your recommendations? (inb4 installgentoo)

I use the PC for normalfag things. Browsing the internet, shitpost on 4chan, watch videos, torrent downloading, playan some vanilla wow, etc.
>>
windows 10
>>
Gentoo
>>
I'm sorry, Linux Only.
>>
>>54519255
>I use the PC for normalfag things
>I'm sorry, Linux Only.
Could just use mint or ubuntu. That's what those distros are for.

Not really sure what answer you're looking for, since I'm pretty sure you already know about those distros if you're using manjaro already.
>>
Opensuse leap 42.1, or if you still like the more up date opensuse tumbleweed.

Seriously try it out.
>>
>>54519255
Kubuntu
>>
Only comparable Distro to Arch is Gentoo. Manjaro is just an Arch installer.
>>
>>54519850
Kill yourself dumb tripfag
>>
File: 1414250480659.jpg (390 KB, 1800x2000) Image search: [Google]
1414250480659.jpg
390 KB, 1800x2000
biebian
you can download it here: http://biebian.sourceforge.net/
>>
>>54519796
i want something that just werks. Manjaro runs almost flawlessly on my pc, but some updates fuck up little things (like gnome 3.20).

is mint stable, with good hardware support n shiet?
>>
>>54520025
No not really. Opensuse is GOD tier
>>
For stability go for debian. It also is more mainstream has more support and less bloat.
>>
>>54521545
Kill yourself shill
>>
QUESTION: what does stability mean for me?
I already use Debian, so I think it means stable (support)?
>>
>>54521715
Bad b8
>>
>>54519796
>if you do normal things, you deserve botnet
>>
>>54521720
So you don't know?
>>
>>54521545
you also might have to manually install proprietary wi-fi drivers

>>54519255
Ubuntu with the DE of your taste, whether that's KDE, Xfce, MATE, Cinnamon, etc.
>>
>>54519255
Fedora
>>
>>54521795
Die
>>
>>54521741
You're right retarded to explain. Stable distros are distros where the packages are tested to work together as to minimize crashing, anomalies, etc. You're stupid
>>
I'd suggest you either use debian or arch
debian pretty much is a normie distro. It comes with gnome and a bloatload of useless applications like somethingoffice. But it looks pretty and it's not ubuntu. But, at least in my netbook, the piece of shit crashed all the time. For desktop computers it might be different though, and many people seem to like it. So yeah, it's ostensibly user friendly enough.
Arch. I don't know where this myth comes from but installing arch is literally as easy as using an automated installer, just that you have to type some commands yourself. But really. I just installed arch 3 days ago and this is what I did:
>boot arch
>open install.txt in pwd /root
>write the commands mentioned in that file, verbatim (almost), in sequence.
>Install the bootloader (which is 2 commands but isn't directly documented in the install file)
And that's it, I have arch installed.
And actually, arch is the only distro of all the distros I've tried that doesn't either break in random ways or get in my way all the time.
>>
>>54521846
>preferring arch over debian
a true plebeian, ladies and gentlemen
>>
>>54521862
fucking bait
debian crashed every 20 minutes on me without me ever touching the system
maybe if your os was at least remotely well design and not just a piece of shit put together by a bunch of monkeys then maybe I'd be using it but after the 3rd crash in a day I just wiped it out and wiped my ass with the usb stick I used to install it
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.