[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Some of you have not yet made the switch and it confuses me.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: PC-BSD-10.png (92 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
PC-BSD-10.png
92 KB, 300x225
Some of you have not yet made the switch and it confuses me.
>>
>>54518899
what are the advantages?
>>
That's not helping
>>
>>54518899
I have PCBSD, but I don't see the point.
>>
what is this? an operating system for ants?
>>
>>54518899
>>54518925
It's pretty good so long as you have a supported GFX card honestly. Performance comparable to how CentOS used to be before it turned into a piece of shit.

>>54519714
>using 32-bit in 2016
kek. Have fun with your <=4GB RAM.
>>
>>54518899
I tried it.Performance wise,it's like Linux 8 years ago.I don't want to relive that shit.
>>
>PC-BSD
>they released the new version on March 31st
>they updated their documentation on April 4th
>they never made an announcement for the new release
The haphazard way with which they run their website does not make me confident about the level of care (or lack thereof) which they invest in their product.
>>
>>54519812
lol? Runs better than any mainstream Linux distro I've come across.

>>54519931
If you have to ask that question anon you should go somewhere else. Look into the ZFS ARC cache.
>>
>>54518899
>i am unable to conceive that your opinion differs from mine
>>
I wasn't impressed with pcbsd the last time I tried it. I went with ghostbsd instead.
>>
>not just using FreeBSD in the first place

Kill yourself.
>>
Is this the 90s nostalgia thread?
>>
Never heard of it before.
I tried FreeBSD and the wireless driver had weird problems
NetBsd, OpenBSD and dragonflyBSD didn't come with an usb stick image, which apparently does matter in the *BSD world and iso images won't bood from a usb stick
I guess I'll give this one a chance because I've long been meaning to try BSD
>>
>>54518899
>You do not like what I like and this confuses me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.