[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many hours a day do you sit down?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: standing-desk.jpg (134 KB, 850x850) Image search: [Google]
standing-desk.jpg
134 KB, 850x850
PSA: if you sit down for most of the day you are likely to die prematurely. Sitting down for more than 3/4 of the day will mean you most likely won't live past 80.

Edit: standing desk won't make much difference, you need to be physically active.

How to be physically active:

Every hour try doing some situps, squats, lunches and stretches (with a restistance band).
>>
My life is shit, I could die tomorrow and it won't matter at all.
>>
Why the FUCK would I want to live past 80?
>>
>>54516677
I'm close to hitting 300 lbs (6'1) for the first time in my life. It feels terrible. I'm normally 180 but I can't find the energy to get my shit together. I sit and lay down more than I ever have in my life.
>>
>>54516712

Because with today's medicine and medical knowledge, when you turn 80 you'll feel like a 60 year old.

Now think about all the shit that's been invented, written, create etc. by people past 60.

60 is the intellectual prime of your life. You'll be wise as fuck.
>>
>>54516677
>he wants to live past 80
>>
>>54516736

The hardest part is going from being a fat fuck that eats all day, to just beginning to diet and exercise. After that it's just routine.

The first pound you lose will be the hardest.
>>
>>54516677
>>>/fit/

not technology related
>>
>>54516775

It is. People who work/live tech spend most of the day in front of a screen. Screen set ups (battlestations) are a recurring theme of this board and culture and are therefore relatd.
>>
File: 1462132900579.jpg (16 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
1462132900579.jpg
16 KB, 319x320
>>54516677
>siting is bad
>standing won't help though
W E W
E
W
>>
>>54516771
Yeah, I've lost weight before and just getting started is such a huge hurdle mentally for me. Watching the number on the scale drop every morning is great motivation, it's just that decision to actually start and stick with a huge life change that is hard to implement. I wish I had stronger self-discpline.
>>
So we all get older, then we cannae hack it anymore? Thats it?
>>
>>54516677
>lunches
Oh, I do lunches.
I'm OK, then.
>>
>>54516831

you gotta walk senpai
>>
>>54516677
yey i will die in only 47 years good shit
>>
>>54516677
>most likely won't live past 80.
Why the fuck would I want to live past 80?
>>
Its likely 1 in 4 of us (assuming a certain majority in regards to age group on here) will live past 100.
>>
>>54516749
>he wants to live past 50

Enjoy life now while it doesn't suck. It just plain sucks being old.
>>
>>54516677
They just did a big study and concluded standing desks have no health benefit, enjoying dying young like everyone else.

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/03/17/470713717/stand-to-work-if-you-like-but-dont-brag-about-its-benefits
>>
>>54516677
>Sitting down for more than 3/4 of the day will mean you most likely won't live past 80.
wew lad

I'm dead before 40
>>
>>54516677
>live past 80
Why?
By then Skynet would be active and actively hunting down humans to exterminate us.
>>
>>54516677
I literally lay in bed shitposting on a tablet all day today.
>>
>>54517611
>will live past 100.
Have you actually met people in their 100s?
Its not a good sight.
They're all weak as fuck, have foam for bones, are wearing pampers, and can't really live without someone looking out for them.
>>
>>54516677
Unless they fix age I wouldn't want to live anywhere near 80. Worst bug imo.
>>
>won't live past 80
Thank fuck
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.