[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: SmK7p[1].jpg (146 KB, 655x1024) Image search: [Google]
SmK7p[1].jpg
146 KB, 655x1024
What exactly can you do with someone's ip address?
I got threatened by someone just now that he has my ip address, I know he's full of shit, but it made me thinking.
How hard is to hack in someones pc with only ip and him having some kinds of firewall.
>>
You can SWAT them so that their dog gets shot and they potentially die in the raid.
>>
File: 1373030102489649[1].png (242 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
1373030102489649[1].png
242 KB, 500x421
>>54515162

yeah I'm not from freedomland, so stuff like that don't happen here.
>>
File: Bill.png (84 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Bill.png
84 KB, 256x256
>>54515135
Same as having your home address.

He could show up at the door to grandma... or four dobermans and Chuck Norris. It all depends on your network and setup.
>>
>>54515187

How exactly would you go about getting someones address with an ip, also if you have a dynamic ip, does that change the situation?
>>
>>54515211
afaik it's not possible to get home address from IP address unless police got permission to check because that IP address was used to do something illegal online.
>>
>>54515211
He's saying it's the same as a burglar having a home address. Your IP will be traced back to your ISP. Just because they have it doesn't mean they can do shit. There are a finite number of ip addresses and someone could use something like mass scan to port scan every one.
>>
File: 1445973336192.jpg (58 KB, 540x531) Image search: [Google]
1445973336192.jpg
58 KB, 540x531
>>54515746

Really, there's no way, even if you're Mr. Robot?
>>
>>54515135
They could but you aren't worth it.
>>
ITT: Retards trying to scare OP.

The only way he could get your address or personal data if your PC was actually vulnerable, your router is misconfigured or has strange ports forwarded and you have active and vulnerable applications running on your PC that listen to those ports. Then it's theoretically possible he could exploit that software to access your personal data.

He is not going to get your address from the police because he knows your IP, and even if he claimed that you did something illegal the police wouldn't tell HIM the address. There's no way for him to get your address from your IP on his own, except if the ISP is completely incompetent and they somehow hand it out to him without proper reason (huge scandal in the making).

The only thing he could potentially do to you, provided that your PC isn't vulnerable, or it is vulnerable and your router is properly configured, is to claim that you did something illegal/bad and report it to your ISP and get you into temporary trouble.

t. not a retard and someone smarter than people in this thread
>>
>>54515912

Yeah I thought pretty much this, but thought, maybe I learn something new with this thread.
The funnies thing is that he somehow got my ip over FB chat.
>>
>>54515959
maybe he's lying. It is possible to do that tho.
>>
>>54515959
Did you check if it's actually your IP? Did you open any links provided by him? It's really easy to get access to your IP if you open internet resources that he has access to: e.g. own webserver hosting an image or something like that.

I honestly doubt that facebook's chat is peer-to-peer -- actually I am positive it isn't. So unless there's some strange security vulnerability in the chat application or you used some strange facebook app, I find that unlikely.
>>
>>54515996
yeah if he worked in FB

>>54516001
I'm not a complete retard, the thing is the dude is paranoid as fuck, and he tried to scare me this way, but when I started joking about navy seal pasta and shit he blocked me, no he didn't phish me, i didn't click on any links
>>
>>54516067
>didn't click on any links
>got your ip address
literally how?
>>
>>54516067
He might also have gotten your IP through another avenue, but claimed to have done it via Facebook because he didn't want you to know and subsequently take care of the vulnerability.
>>
>>54516259

he said he's a web designer by profession, and he has tools and programs and shit
>>
>>54516315
No, you are at fault for this. There's no way to get your IP address via facebook chat, I'm sure.

Unless it's possible to embed really small images into text messages? Is it possible that he embedded an image from a custom resource in one of his messages that was invisible to you and automatically loaded by the facebook chat software?
>>
>>54516315
that's a load of bullshit
you must have given something up to him
there isn't a tool to find your ip address out of thin air
>>
>>54516369
>Unless it's possible to embed really small images into text messages? Is it possible that he embedded an image from a custom resource in one of his messages that was invisible to you and automatically loaded by the facebook chat software?
I don't think facebook would allow such trivial shit, also even if there was a way to do that, the facebook servers sit in the middle of the chat, so all he got would be facebook's IP.
>>
>>54516414
That would only be the case if facebook actually download the embedded image first to their own servers and then hosted it for the duration of the chat.

I thought more along the lines of linking something random and the JavaScript having something like an "auto-image embed feature", which would have caused his browser to automatically download and display the image inline.
>>
>>54516369

What am I at fault for?

>>54516374

he's full of shit and doesn't have anything
>>
you're fucked op, enjoy the ass rape
>>
>>54516539

and exactly why would I get ass raped?
>>
>>54516581
because you're soft, and that's what happens to soft manlets in prison.

This will of course follow this 1337 haXX0r burying gigs of cp deep inside your hd then routing all your tcp traffic through a known cp server.
>>
File: autism.gif (698 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
698 KB, 200x113
>>54516662
fuck you
>>
>>54516669

>implying anyone can handle this ass

I will milk you dry faggot
>>
>>54515135
Hackerman can watch traffic associated with your IP and know what youre up to.
>>
>>54516662
Id rather bang your sister that's using the 1.1 :^)
>>
>>54516970
That's my mom dummy
>>
>>54515162
>SWAT teams can be used as personal armies where the victim will probably get shot and killed
LAND OF THE FREE! HOME OF THE BRAVE!
>>
>>54517271
Is she hot?
>>
>>54517549
what happened?
>>
>>54517349
Kill yourself, autistic little europig. Jealous that you come from 3rd world shithole europig? Just die, faggot. SWAT are heroes and that has not happened. Please hang yourself. Fucking die.
>>
>>54517788
fuck anon, that sucks
>>
>>54515162
>be amerilard dog
>get shot
>>
>>54515850
All that faggot would do is project his insecurities at you.
>>
Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.