[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you call it when you're controlling a virtualised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
What would you call it when you're controlling a virtualised computer with full access to using the OS and a high speed Internet connection?

Is what I'm describing a seedbox?
>>
Bumping for advice
>>
>>54514738

VPS

Virtual Private Server
>>
>>54514833
Thank you. I think it's exactly the sort of thing I'm after... Would you be able to recommend any?
>>
>>54514833
This.

Also sold under the name "unmanaged server".
>>
>>54514851

https://www.lowendtalk.com/
>>
>>54514738
Seedbox is a subset of >>54514833
which usually does not give you full access to the OS and not a dedicated box. Usually seedbox is just a user on someones hosted box where you can run rTorrent and ssh there and do rudimentary file operations
>>
>>54514851
RamNode
>>
>>54514943
>>54515002
Thank you; I haven't checked yet but are they free? I'm predominately looking for a high speed VPS with decent enough space.

Also in terms of security and privacy, presumably they are supposed to be, right?
>>
>>54515045

Whoever owns the physical boxes owns your data.
>>
>>54515045
>I want high speeds and decent storage for no money
You're a special kind of retard aren't you
>>
>>54515110
I was planning on encrypting it server side.

>>54515116
I'm cool with paying money but I have sourced a high speed torrent server for next to nothing so I'd like to keep my pricing in line with it.
>>
My goal is to upload files at a fast pace to my Google Drive, if that helps come up with a solution. I was thinking of running the drive on a high speed VPS for uploading files.
>>
>>54515291
Any thoughts or recommendations on how to achieve this?
>>
>>54515416
Bumping for more help
>>
>>54515291
Is a VPS the best way to achieve this?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.