[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someome explain to me what a full stack engineer is? After
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: full stack requirements meme.jpg (80 KB, 774x493) Image search: [Google]
full stack requirements meme.jpg
80 KB, 774x493
Can someome explain to me what a full stack engineer is? After several jewgle searchs I still don't get the difference between engineer, developer and scientist.

This pic related job post with requirements makes me more confused.

Are they just meme buzzwords?
>>
cmon guys anyone
>>
Someone who can develop both the backend and front-end of a end to end web service with good knowledge of database schema creation and query optimisation. In addition they also ask for a person with ability to develop API for the said web service to integrate with third party systems and do all that himself within impossible deadlines and not ask or demand credit for it because they will pay you a salary (which is marginally more that what flipping burgers might get you, but I could be wrong)
>>
>>54514672
>Are they just meme buzzwords?
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
>>
>>54514672
Full stack means you have knowledge of the entire web stack, including:
- System administration
- Version control
- Virtualization
- Back-end
- Front-end
- NoSQL/RDMBS

but some are optional to employers and there are other stacks
>>
It means if the website fucks up it's your job to fix it no matter what part of the stack the fuck up happened in.
>>
>>54514672
It means you need to be stacked. So if you're not a woman with big tits don't even bother applying.
>>
it means when something goes wrong with the network/servers you can debug and fix it, deploy a new public server from double NATTed network with no public IP based on its DNS name that is of your only public IP for the entire company, , knows how do optimize innodb mysql engine, configure apache for non-trivial tasks etc

basically they dont have to hire a separate guy for this, and can jew you out more
>>
>>54514672
Full stack means you can work with the entire software stack you're using. A stack is all the software/technologies being utilized for [insert task here].

For example, if you're doing web dev, a full stack engineer is one who knows:
>How to use Apache/whatever webserver
>System Administration for linux
>SQL
>PHP/backend
>Javascript/frontend
And everything in between.

Pretty much if you're a PHP developer, you're only asked to develop PHP code. If you're a full stack web dev, you're expected to do everything.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.