[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/po laris-validation-failed-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 11.jpg (345 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
345 KB, 800x600
http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/polaris-validation-failed-might-launch-in-october-now.html

IT'S OVER, AMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT
>>
they did this because the nvidia announcement surprised them
>>
POO
>>
>Okay before I start on this news-item, I really need to state that this is based on a vague rumor, nothing has been confirmed or denied otherwise.

WEW
>>
File: Happy-Frog-Meme-12[3].jpg (27 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Frog-Meme-12[3].jpg
27 KB, 604x453
>reports say Polaris 10 can't hit 850 MHz reliably and that availability will be pushed back to October
>>
>>54511014
rumor that started from speculative forum post
now is news worthy, okay

nvidia metal layer problems didn't make it in news for some reason but this did
>>
I dont even understand how this is fucking possible

both Poo-laris 10 and 11 were demoed between December and January

what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>54511102
Polaris is Samsung/GF 14nm Finfet

nvidia is good ol TSMC

they probably can't get it to production
>>
>>54511075
>>54511088
this is literally happening only because trolls and retards saw the ashes of the singularity benchmarks and decided to pretend that AMD actually was finished

also
>AMD is hosting a pre-computex conference, announced right after Nvidia launched Pascal
>they would do this just to tell people to buy their cards in october
yeah fucking right
instead of rumors I'll believe the actual demo of the device running Hitman at 1440p 60fps max settings... you know, 980ti/furyx performance levels
>>
>>54511102
This is from a fucking forum post, like how vega is said to be released in october. Same thing here.

Either intentional amd misinfo or nvididiot shitposting (inadvertently) leading to more media attention, which is always a good thing since 850mhz is fucking nothing.
>>
File: 89543857.png (8 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
89543857.png
8 KB, 429x410
>really need to state that this is based on a vague rumor, nothing has been confirmed or denied otherwise
nvidiots getting desperate after Pascuck failure.
>>
File: 1375679388476.png (1 MB, 1024x577) Image search: [Google]
1375679388476.png
1 MB, 1024x577
>>54511126
>samsung
>best sss/phones/tv/micrawaves on the market
>can't into chip manufacture

sure
>>
>>54511166
i think vega in october is sort of confirmed though
>>
>>54511201
low power shit m8
of course they can't into high MHz territory which requires a bigger power draw
>>
>>54511260
there will be bigger power draw and low freqencies at the same time. kek
>>
>>54511260
>>54511343
You two idiots need to leave if you think the samsung 14nm fiasco is the same here. In fact, you don't seem to even understand why that happened (besides samsung's manufacturing process (which is different for its amd chips)).
>>
Shitskins, poorfags, redditors and freetards on suicide watch.
>>
>>54511014

AMD esta acabado y en bancarrota!!!
>>
I genuinely believe a suicide or two will occur at AMD headquarters after this one boys.
>>
If AMD ever actually does go bankrupt and die, what would happen to the current generation of consoles? Would they be able to keep making more AMD chips for them for a few years after AMD dies? Or would they have to cut the console generation short and release a new generation as soon as possible?
>>
>>54511743
AMD won't go bankrupt. Get this horseshit out of your heads. At worse it'll keep hemorrhaging money in the discrete desktop gpu market and have very thing margins on everything else as a result (laptop chips, cpus, consoles).
>>
>>54511743
Why would AMD die? They have ALL console market. Its much more than desktop PC market.
>>
>>54511743
everybody here is fucking clueless. desktop graphics are like 15% of AMD's revenue, and literally the only part on which they don't make a profit and see no growth. the only thing that's possibly going to happen is AMD quitting desktop graphics altogether, which would give nvidia a monopoly. which is bad for everyone.
>>
File: browse_0028.png (46 KB, 596x510) Image search: [Google]
browse_0028.png
46 KB, 596x510
STOCK PLUMMET ABANDON THE DECKS
THIS SHIP IS CRASHING
>>
Death to Nvidiots.
>>
>>54511680
Never understood people who suicide just because their businesses went wrong and their company lost some money. I'd understand if it was in Japan where muh honorabru sudoku after failure is a thing, but in America?
>>
>>54511927
it's kind of people that work 16 hours a day in one place
>>
>>54511927
>I'd understand if it was in Japan where muh honorabru sudoku after failure is a thing,
kill yourself
>>
>>54511743
Lol nvidia and Intel will pay amd to keep them alive. They don't want the market to dissolve into a monopoly because of high taxes and they'll must likely be split up into multiple smaller companies
>>
>>54511942
Never understood those people either, but maybe that's just because I'm just a lazy manchild.
>>
>>54511927
Has to do with them valuing their work so much. And who's to blame them if they put so much time sweat and bone into it only to see it set ablaze for the whole world to see?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.