[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do you think a 980ti will drop down in price once the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: msi-gtx_980_ti_gaming_6g-5.jpg (148 KB, 1200x946) Image search: [Google]
msi-gtx_980_ti_gaming_6g-5.jpg
148 KB, 1200x946
How much do you think a 980ti will drop down in price once the 1080/1070 releases? I wanted to wait to get a 1070, but I have a feeling the MSI version of it won't be out for a while, and if a 980ti will drop to like the $400-500 area then I'll just get that. Then again, I only game at 1080p and I own a 970 now, so will a 980 ti be an overkill or waste of an upgrade?
>>
>>54509747
2ndhand? Cheap as fuck since the 1070 overclock in all likelyhood will come close to 980ti stock clocks

So below $300usd hopefully

Here in aus they are dropping below $500 used
>>
>>54509747
>I only game at 1080p and I own a 970 now, so will a 980 ti be an overkill or waste of an upgrade?
No its not even future proofing i play some very stressful games and my 770 4GB OC which is a tiny bit slower than a 970 is struggling
>>
>>54509767
Eh I won't get it secondhand, I'd rather buy most, if not all pc hardware, new.
>>
>>54509781
Yeah, buying 2nd hand is always a risk, unless it's CPU or RAM wich is lifetime stuff.
>>
>>54509911
Its easy to kill ram DONT buy 2ndhand ram.

CPU's yes if they havent been OC'd if they have your taking a risk.

General rule of thumb if a videocard has a waterblock on it or the seller says they have overclocked it its fucked
>>
I think I'm going to buy a second 970 and use SLI. Is SLI actually a good option?
>>
>>54509781
If you're not getting it 2nd hand the price will go up.
>>
>>54509933
I saw some anon yesterday complaining that his second SLI (970) was as much problematic as his first (770), and that he will never try that again. And not just him, a see a lot of people complaning about how fucked up SLI/CFX is.

I think it's better to buy a 980ti instead.
>>
>>54509933
NOPE alot of newer games espeically DX11 and 12 titles dont really cater for SLI or Xfire at the moment.

Not sure why but i guess its because nobody hardly uses it and faster cards are almost out
>>
The 980ti is better than the 1080 in many ways still, like bandwidth and shaders.
>>
>>54509928
If someone says they have not over clocked it, chances are it was over clocked.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.