[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aircraft or speedboat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: boat1.jpg (238 KB, 827x379) Image search: [Google]
boat1.jpg
238 KB, 827x379
Does anybody know what this is? My friend is convinced that it is an aircraft since he saw it in a museum about air and space in Manchester. But I am almost sure it is one of those formula 1 boats, and that it needs aerodynamics for speed and thus is displayed in such a museum. I googled a lot but I couldn't find anything.

The question is about the white thing in the background with the 12 on it.
>>
File: boat2.jpg (274 KB, 827x404) Image search: [Google]
boat2.jpg
274 KB, 827x404
>>
File: boat3.jpg (72 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
boat3.jpg
72 KB, 540x960
>>
>>54509679
Ask /k/, pretty sure it's a Japanese kamikaze plane
>>
>>54509693
Yes its a boat.
>>
Yeah the item in the front is indeed a Japanese kamikaze plane but the item in the back barely has wings
>>
>>54509679
I'm pretty sure the plane is a replica of a WW2 Jap fighter.

If that was a boat it would eat shit hard as soon as one of those wings dipped below the surface at speed. Even if the wings sat below the water, you'd want more than 1/4 of your rudder in the back in the water.
>>
>>54509679
>>54509683
>>54509693

You're friend is an idiot. That's a hydroplane (which is a category of boat)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroplane_(boat)
>>
>>54509679
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_effect_vehicle
>>
>>54509826
>>54509951
Wow you are dum
>>
Yokosuka MXY-7 Ohka japanese wwii cherry blossom a manned anti-ship 'missle' nicknamed the baka
>>
>>54509679
>>54509683
You could of atleast used images that your "friend" took that aren't reverse image searchable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yokosuka_MXY7_Ohka

>>54509693
see>>54509826
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.