[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Active directory and Domain Controll is the only reason why windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
Active directory and Domain Controll is the only reason why windows is and will be the king of corporate world.
All linux coders just can't make something that is "not so fun" with good documentation, becuse it is boring. All edege students and anime hikimori stfup
T windows admin mcse,
>>
>what is samba
>what is ldap
>>
>>54509303
>buggy, low performance freetard shit
Oh yeah I'm sure companies are crawling over each other to use that shit.
>>
>What is Office
>What is Sharepoint
>What is Hyper-V
>What is Exchange
>>
>>54509273
LDAP, kerebros, and samba can do the same thing
>>
>>54509317
>no idea what i'm talking about
>>
>>54509420
>lamba/samba
it's buggy undocumented meme,
but ok, where is global policy, so i can change wallpaper that costed 1000$ (i wish i was joking) to all 600 pc and don't tell me to ssh xD
>>
>>54509759

>Using Group Policy and setting application-specific enforced settings across the domain with a few clicks

>Not writing SSH scripts to modify config files and then writing a timing mechanism to regularly re-run the script for devices that aren't on the network at the moment, then writing another shell script that will report back an updated file hash to confirm that everyone has the same file then regularly checking them over the next week or so until you're sure that everyone has the new config file
>>
>>54509795
>>Not writing SSH scripts to modify config files and then writing a timing mechanism to regularly re-run the script for devices that aren't on the network at the moment, then writing another shell script that will report back an updated file hash to confirm that everyone has the same file then regularly checking them over the next week or so until you're sure that everyone has the new config file
This is why Linux will never be taken seriously. Maybe when systemd finally takes over you clowns will have a chance.
>>
>>54509759
>so i can change wallpaper that costed 1000$ (i wish i was joking) t
WTF?
Story please!
>>
>>54509273
Because Exchange, Sharepoint, and SQL isn't a thing...

Also, netware used to be a thing.

Lastly, your mcse is useless, unless you need to wipe your ass.

~ Sr. Systems Architecht.
>>
File: 1462639170996.png (406 KB, 570x489) Image search: [Google]
1462639170996.png
406 KB, 570x489
>Pajeet too poor and incompetent to buy RedHat solutions.
>>
>>54511587

This. Red Hat has, um stuff. Stuff I've never used. But the rest of their stuff is solid and so Satellite et. al. ought to be too.
>>
>>54509795
If I can't do it in two clicks, it's shit. It's why I love Windows
>>
>>54509795
"Good software makes easy tasks easy and hard tasks possible".
>>
>>54509357
I feel like it gets overlooked a lot in Windows-haters rush to shit on their favorite operating system, but there really is no feature-parity alternatives to services/products like Exchange, SharePoint, and Office. Microsoft knows this, and they also know that there just isn't enough money on the other side of the market for GNU/Linux to catch up, much less outperform them and produce better equivalents for these products.

As long as Microsoft owns IT and computer businesses, they'll always be on top. Unfortunately for Linux, it's also one of the fields where money matters more than just being open source.
>>
>>54512032
Low-level server and services stuff is Windows territory, that's why azure is so good, it let's you implement Microsoft services on a Linux server, best of both worlds.
>>
>>54509795
> What is ansible/puppet
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.