[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a small script yesterday that scans /b/ for images that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
I made a small script yesterday that scans /b/ for images that are from public Facebook albums (based on filename).

paste__ofcode__org/pbyfMkA6CS8FGcTggErbcp

Had some good fun with it already. A lot of people start threads with something like "dubs and you get nudes", and the OP image is a facebook profile pic. In a few instances, nudes where later dumped.

What other methods exist that could have you accidentally give up your personal information if you're not careful? I can build it in :)
>>
>>54508769

I should point out that i'm not trying to deanonymize people - rather, these people have already deanonymized themselves, they just dont know it - so a PoC script like this would help keep people safe(r)
>>
Exif data from images?
Although that can be scrubbed. What about other web services Twitter etc?
>>
>>54509203

Oh, twitter - interesting. I know Tumblr images have this format: tumblr_nzfmp9Zfl01v1mw00o1_500

But a full tumblr link would need to look like:
https://67.media.tumblr.com/1e9e7165e72953a630af373e6673b796/tumblr_o6vuv50wN11s3qi37o1_1280.jpg
>>
>>54508769
You mean that the nudes were on Facebook already? Nice
>>
>>54509255

No they generally get posted in the thread before/after the facebook image is posted
>>
>>54509245
partially true. really old tumblr images might be just
>https://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_o6vuv50wN11s3qi37o1_1280.jpg
formated (like <2013)
>best shot is still googling/tineye-ing the image
>>
Been doing this since 2008
>>
>>54508769
>python
Write it in Lisp or get the fuck out normie
>>
>>54508769
you could try doing a similar thing with instagram.
>>
>>54509324

Google and tineye don't crawl facebook and other similar social networks
>>
>>54509546
hmmm rly... i might have searched for the little profile pics that also appear in the facebook comment/like modules then
>>
OP here - new version works with twitter:

paste.ofcode _ org/A9WNqGpZdRkUqE4hRhWpej
>>
>>54509245
You can try to find the filename but I believe there is no way to get the corresponding blog from that filename.
>>
>>54509432
This is another good option.

What about Google +, Pinterest
>>
>>54509680

Seems like G+ doesn't change the filenames, and Pintrest and tumblr have some extra information in the URL (not in the filename) that you need to get the file. For Pintrest it's just 4 characters (which you could bruteforce I suppose), but tumblr - which doesn't strip EXIF data! - has some MD5 hash which I dont know how is made. Maybe the time the photo was uploaded or something...
>>
>>54509387
xD
>>
>>54509387

Go kill yourself
>>
>>54508769
>using python 2 instead of 3

absolutely_disgusting.jpg
>>
>>54508769
>using multiple globals inside multiple functions
>using http links instead of https
>nesting 5 for/if statements in a row
>main function call not wrapped in if __name__ == '__main__':

absolutely_disgusting.jpg

just busting your balls OP, it's cool you made a script that works
>>
>>54508769
Nice idea, OP.

>>54509203
EXIF data is automatically scrubbed out of all images posted to 4chan because it was being abused.
>>
OP put it on a non sjw github alt. so we can work together

>>54512018
Dis nigger has some ideas
>>
>>54512171

Yeah but if you find the originals on wherever they were originally uploaded, it often keeps the EXIF data.

It's not the best code (unit tests? :P) but since it works and he did it yesterday that's pretty cool. Just a matter of thinking of other ways to extend it for more clues that people leave about themselves.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.