[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you use to clean your displays?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 147846878735.png (73 KB, 502x533) Image search: [Google]
147846878735.png
73 KB, 502x533
I always use a microfiber towel and if that isn't working I add some cheap glass cleaner.

>but anon, you have to use the TFT cleaner product or you will ruin your precious displays!!!11

Doing this for years and never had a problem.
>>
Toilet paper and vodka.
>>
>>54506599
>I add some cheap glass cleaner
Same here, but I do a "breathe at the display to add some moisture to the microbfiber" step first.
But I am still terribly worried that I will ruin my precious display.
that is the one benefit glossy CRTs had over matte TFTs. Glass is chemically very stable and also hard to scratch.
But other than that, matte > glossy every single time.
>>
Salty milk and coins
>>
>>54507006
>that is the one benefit glossy CRTs had over matte TFTs

To be quite honest, I had more worries about my CRTs than about my matte TFTs.

The CRT monitors I used had that anti-glare layer (reflections seemed dark and had a purple'ish tint to them) and I heard that this layer actually CAN get fucked with glass cleaner.
The matte TFTs I used don't have that coating and I never noticed any degrading even after years of cleaning them, even with glass cleaner.
>>
>>54507390
Never had a CRT with a coating, but I heard about spray on solutions, which supposedly where quite shitty, so yeah, would have been careful with those too.
But pure glass? As long as you dont use hydroflouric acid, its really hard to fuck it up.
But the plastic covering a TFT? I am kinda worried…
>>
File: image.png.jpg (152 KB, 1296x864) Image search: [Google]
image.png.jpg
152 KB, 1296x864
>>54507421
Yeah that CRT was quite expensive back then ( 21" Trinitron tube) and the usual cheap CRTs usually didn't have coating
>>
>>54506599
windex and a paper towel once every 2 years
>>
>>54506599
Microfiber towel and isopropanol (which I buy of amazon).

Works like a charm and I like the smell.
>>
>>54507471
qt
>>
>>54507589
Yeah, before you faggots give me shit for it: I dilute my isopropanol down to 30%-40% using water, because I'm afraid I'll kill my plastic otherwise.
>>
I use a towel and water.

Nothing but water.
>>
I have 3M shit so just microfibre or more often I lick my finger and get a spot with it
>>
>using water
enjoy your chalk runmarks
>>
>>54507471
My Trinitron didnt have any cover.

Damn, now I want to have a comfy CRT again
>click
>zap-boingoioioioing
>>
Lemon Pledge
>>
>>54507818
>>zap-boingoioioioing

First time I pressed that degauss button I thought I fucked up the monitor
>>
>>54507421
>>54507390
>>54507006
>>54507471
DO NOT USE MICROFIBER TO CLEAN CRTs. These are electron gun displays. If you use an antistatic towel (such as microfiber) you'll remove the static charge (the electrons accumulating on the screen) and you'll PERMANENTLY reduce the brightness of the display. If you don't do it evenly you can even cause permanent burn in.
>>
>>54506599
Cum and steel wool
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.