[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AMD Move Vega foward
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
https://www.techpowerup.com/222403/amd-pulls-radeon-vega-launch-to-october

This is going to be good right? Having AMD release Vega sooner, we'll see actual compotition between Nvidia and AMD?
>>
>>54505239
Waiting until October is going to be painful but fuck them for holding it back, hopefully it pushes nvidia to bring their Volta out next year and Navi from AMD sooner
>>
It's probably to try and coincide with the release of Battlefield 1, seeing how much of a relationship Dice has had with AMD in the past.
>>
I like the news but bah gawd its going to be a nightmare trying to buy one on release, just like with the Fury X.

I gave up last year because they were all out of stock and ended up with a 980ti.

So really, October is not going to mean a lot unless they can get enough stock out or its substantially superior to the 1080.
>>
>>54505333
>inb4 GPU preorders are a thing.
>>
>>54505259
Because HBM2 is really easy to manufacture and build up stock of
>>
>>54505351
In my shitty country (aus) they just immediately sell out
>>
>>54505355
THEN WHY DID THEY ONLY BRING IT FORWARD AFTER NVIDIA CONFERENCE
Thats a load of shit.

At least the consumer wins in the end

Hell even if the new card from AMD is only as fast as the fury x and has 8gb and is 300-400 ill buy it
>>
>>54505358
It's better in NZ because literally nobody buys AMD cards here.
>>
>>54505375
The cards will probably be in low stock for October, and they probably wanted to perfect their drivers
>>
>>54505375
The issue was an engineering problem packaging HBM2; it just got resolved faster than the initial estimates, ie it didn't need another metal spin. Brought it forwards 3 months, not bad honestly. Cards been in dev since early 2013 so fractionally not too much of a change.
>>
>>54505333
it should be

Polaris 10 has been demoed to play Hitman at 1440p max settings 60fps in dx12; that's Furyx/980ti tier. Benchmark leaks also have shown a 4000 Firestrike benchmark score, withing small percentiles of the 980ti itself

Polaris 10 will then compete with the 1070 and probably lose to it, slightly, in every way but price if it retails for $299

Vega is yet ANOTHER revamp of GCN architecture and about TWICE the stream processor count of Polaris 10 plus HBM2

remember how the 1080 was advertised as faster than 980sli? Vega should literally 200% the speed of Polaris 10, which already combats top tier cards if what we've seen so far is true
>>
>>54505407
Cheers cunt ill remember that.
>>
File: 1462908555612.png (777 KB, 1631x1571) Image search: [Google]
1462908555612.png
777 KB, 1631x1571
ITT: MAD cucks making up stories
>>
File: maximumshitposting.webm (2 MB, 720x390) Image search: [Google]
maximumshitposting.webm
2 MB, 720x390
>>54506639
>>
>>54505239
10-bit channel depth when?
>>
I want AMD to actually deliver something stellar so that they can get Nvidia out of their comfort zone for once in ever. Unfortunately we all know thats not going to happen. AMD always delivers too little too late. Nvidia has first dibs on the HBM2 process which means not only is AMD fucked to getting a good amount, they never deliver properly in the first few months around release anyway.
>>
>>54506639
>post based on the only verified rumors and leaks instead of useless guessing and favoritism
>lel cuck imagining things
Kill yourself
>>
>>54506744
>verified rumours
This some awesome mental gymnastics you be doing amdumbs
>>
>>54505239
AMD releases VEGA sooner because they know they cant compete with the next Titan.

They are maximizing their profit this way and they might have the best GPU for 3-4 months, thats good for shilling.
>>
>>54505333
Poor guy had to buy a 30% better GPU for the same money.
>>
>>54505407
That's lile every country
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.