[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody play with IPFS ( https://ipfs.io/ ) yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: ipfs-logo-white.png (8 KB, 640x256) Image search: [Google]
ipfs-logo-white.png
8 KB, 640x256
Anybody play with IPFS ( https://ipfs.io/ ) yet?
>>
File: standards[1].png (24 KB, 500x283) Image search: [Google]
standards[1].png
24 KB, 500x283
>>54500716
sounds like another one of those excellent ideas that, while really clever, cool, beautiful and useful, will never see mainstream adoption because it's just too much of a change from what we're used to and the assholes in black suits and pockets full of money will do shit to stop it.

Also, every time a project says "a new protocol for ...", I think of pic rel
>>
>go
>peer-to-peer

It's shit.
>>
File: 1460511938729.jpg (20 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1460511938729.jpg
20 KB, 480x480
>>54500716
One of those badass things that won't get any traction for decades until what we currently have becomes such a problem that it's unusable.
>>
>IPFS is a peer-to-peer distributed file system that seeks to connect all computing devices with the same system of files.
Read: It will be used for CP
>>
https://github.com/search?q=org%3Aipfs+threat+model

dropped
>>
Dont even know what it is.
>>
When it got posted on /g/ last year some guy offered me the new batman movie and instead sent me 3gb of cp
>>
>git repository
>no chain of trust
>go
>peer-to-peer
Am I being baited?
>>
Holy shit the faggots in this thread.
Its already being implemented. The whole point was to slid it underneath everything without anyone knowing the change occurred.

All of the features like mounting a node in your file system wasn't meant for you consumerist faggots.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.