[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good soundcard replacement when you hear static noise on your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: cb.jpg (364 KB, 1000x725) Image search: [Google]
cb.jpg
364 KB, 1000x725
Good soundcard replacement when you hear static noise on your onboard soundcard?
>>
>>54499863
Front panel or rear?
>>
>>54499886
Both give the same static noise, I can still hear it when in safe mode.
>>
>>54499902
Xonar DX
>>
Xonar dx or st
>>
>>54499863
Static noise would be interference from other stuff in your computer. Computer cases are not great environments for audio. An external DAC would fix your problem better than a sound card could.
>>
>>54500037
I don't really know if it is static noise or not, but I hear crackling sounds frequently and really ruins my listening experience.
>>
>>54500084
Easy way to tell if an external DAC is the fix is to idle on the desktop and listen really close for some noise. Turn on some burn in tests like Prime95 and Kombustor to see if the noise gets louder or starts. If not than it could be a wire or weak connection.
>>
>>54500084

>>54500037

Yeah that's the power coming from the mobo and you need to make sure you can connect the molex connector that feeds clean power to the soundcard you're planning to buy

Dacs and amps.. When you set foot on that path good luck to your wallet. That's whole point of no frill quality sound cards

Just pull the trigger on DX , it's like less than 50 bucks and put the cash in headphones and/or stereo system instead

You know how premium mobos offer higher audio solutions

I like the punch of crystal sound 2 on asus, although its really artificial

Buying a dac and connecting it to onboard sound doesn't sound right..

The most neutral sound possible, next thing you know you'll be browsing amp tubes and head fi
>>
>>54500309
Will the DX have around the same sound quality as my Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H-CF realtek onboard soundcard? I already have good headphones. (audio technica ath m40x)
>>
>>54500373

35 times cleaner sound, although this may sound like a meme it's comparable to say 360p video versus 1080p resolution

You may or may not notice the difference but it's worth it

I'd really recommend you work towards buying sennheiser hd 598 headphones which is the border between newbie and audiophile entry level, it's going to totally change your experience for the better

Make sure you install uni xonar drivers, google it, low latency dpc

You'll get the hang of it

Dx + hd 598
>>
>>54500490
Thanks for the help!
I will buy the Asus Xonar DX but will hold off on buying a new pair of headphones since I'm still a student.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.