[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Decide to finally upgrade to Windows 10 >Try upgrading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
>Decide to finally upgrade to Windows 10
>Try upgrading through that stupid "Get Windows 10" icon
>Gets to "Starting Download" and fucking hangs doing nothing
>Abort that shit
>Try upgrading through Windows Update
>Hangs on 0% downloaded
>Abort that shit
>Download Media Creation Tool
>Run it, select upgrade
>Goes fine until it gets to "Checking For Updates"
>Hangs on that
>Fuck it
>Abort that shit
>"Setup is cleaning up before it closes"
>Fucking hangs on that too

How the hell does Microsoft expect me to have faith in their new OS if they can't even get the upgrade to function correctly?
>>
>>54498426
Sounds like their servers are having issues. I used the media creation tool to make a ISO, burned it, and have clean installed it on several PCs so far. I suggest clean installing.
>>
I literally installed Windows 10 today and it went fast. It may be your PC.
>>
>>54498426
unless you do a clean install you are looking for trouble
>>
because you're an impatient fuck. if you would have juat waited on the first screen you would be well done by now. killyourself or dont breed
>>
> click upgrade Windows 10
> doesn't download and install in less than a second
fucking shit nigger os
>>
>>54498557
>>54498717

I want a clean install.
>>
Worked fine for me.
>>
>>54498741
>it just won't start downloading right after I click download like it does for everything else
>k-kill yourself faggot let me suck more Microsoft penis
>>
>>54498800
>media creation tool
>make bootable USB
>find your win7 product key (will work even if OEM
>boot and install, put key in when prompted on boot
>click and follow all the shit
make sure you make a UEFI install if your mobo supports it, make sure you wipe and make a clean partition with custom install tool.

that's it
>>
>>54498426
Sounds like your PC is trash anon
>>
> Decide to finally upgrade to Windows 10

Found the problem.
>>
>>54498426
just upgraded my pi3 to ubuntu mate 16.04 while working on it & also playing a HD film

microsoft platform is absolute garbage
>>
Download the dang ISo OP

Also everyone. I really reccomened the Enterprise LTSB

non bloat no app cortana shit
>>
>>54498827
You dont have to get the product key. Skip when it asks it will activate automatically after connecting to the net.
>>
>>54498426
sounds like you internet connection is trash anon.
>>
OP here.

I was able to burn the iso to a DVD and install the OS but now booting it up for the first time it's suck on "Getting ready."

I swear if this computer was a woman I'd rape it until it bled to death.
>>
>>54498426
>begin download
>keep aborting and restarting the update through something else
>abort again
>"WHY WON'T IT UPGRADE CORRECTLY?"
>>
>>54500484

When the download makes no progress after 30 minutes, and a quick Google verifies that it's a common issue, it's the software's fault.
>>
>>54500564
Sure dude, the software stopping when aborted is anybody else's fault except for the person who keeps aborting and resetting it.
>>
>>54500575

When the progress bar stays at 0% for a half hour it's the software fucking up. Please fuck off.
>>
>>54500201
that's only if you key is already embedded into the bios/you reinstall windows enough that MS knows your hardware
>>
Why do you actually want Windows 10?

Like fuck dude, do you WANT everything to be simplified to baby levels, and for things to be placed in ass backwards locations?

What about they faulty drivers? Mandatory updates?

I tried that shit for a month, just went back to 7. total garbage OS
>>
>>54502596

I'd been running the same install of 7 for five years and needed a clean install. Might as well try 10 for free to see how I like it. If I'm not into it I can always go back to 7.
>>
File: gamer-snapback_cap-man.jpg (24 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
gamer-snapback_cap-man.jpg
24 KB, 400x300
>>54498426
I installed windows 10 and everything feels way less responsive. I play video gay men, and my processor is the weakest part of my PC, so I needed the better performance.

Is there a /g/ guide for debloating/de-botnetting win10 like there is for win7? I can't find shit on the wiki.
>>
>>54502799
Install Enterprise LTSB
It doesn't include most of the bloat that makes Windows bad.

Posted from my comfy Windows 10 install
>>
>>54502822
Can I update my current install? I only have a 4GB flash, no way to burn CDs, and no money.
>>
>>54502596
windows is not the easy option anymore
windows is "issues"
>>
>>54500564
>>54500610
actually no, retard. my windows 10 download was stuck like an hour before it began to do anything, i just went to sleep and woke up to the beauty of win10
>>
Should I upgrade to Windows 10? I rarely use Windows but I was thinking that it may be better to have the latest version in case I decide to learn dotNet or C# in the future. Will microsoft keep supporting older OSes?

And will it mess with my linux installation? My linux is installed in legacy and Windows in UEFI.
>>
>>54503000
>no money.
Well yeah there'd be a fee to upgrade. How can you call yourself a gamer if you can't even afford a Windows license?
>>
Install Education edition. It gets updates and can disable telemetry.
>>
First off, do not download updates until after you get win10 up and running.

Secondly, if you're upgrading then do a first install where you refutation all of your files and settings. When you log in and realize all your shit is fucked up, so a clean install. By now your copy of win 10 has been digitally registered and activated with Microsoft so you're good to do a full clean install.
>>
>>54498426
>have brother
>is mentally handicapped
>upgrades to windows 10
>computer completely freezes randomly, has to reboot
>wipe hard drive, install lubuntu
>still freezes
Windows 10 actually broke his computer
>>
>>54504160
Also >checked for HD and RAM errors
>none were found...
>>
>>54499261
I'm intrigued. How do I acquire Enterprise LTSB?
>>
the reality is, the windows 10 upgrade is limited by your current operating system's health.
If you have a broken OS, it will almost always fail the upgrade.

Additionally, many of the drivers in your existing OS get carried over to the new OS. Odd devices, that aren't particularly common(ie: for parts on the motherboard) will often have very poorly written drivers which only work in the OS they were written for, and not an upgraded one, but since they are oddball devices, windows 10 doesn't have a source to update them.

Steps to successful upgrade every time:

Open an administrative command prompt and run "sfc /scannow"
once that's done, make sure it says that it found no problems. If it does find problems, make sure that it says they were fixed. If it says unable to fix, do NOT try the upgrade. At all.

Step 2, reboot and run in an admin command prompt "chkdsk c: /f /x /r
it will likely claim not to be able to proceed, and ask if you want to run on next reboot. say yes, and reboot. let it do it's thing.

Step 3: Go to your motherboard manufacturer's website(or prebuild system manufacturer) and check in their support section for the latest drivers. If there are drivers for Windows 10, save them, and install the latest ones for your current OS(once the upgrade is complete, install the new windows 10 drivers)
>>
>>54506785
Don't do this, it produces mustard gas
>>
does windows 10 have winsxs?
>>
>>54498426
Use the MS Media Creation Tool
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.