[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kali Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: kali-dragon-middle.png (967 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
kali-dragon-middle.png
967 KB, 1920x800
Why does everyone hate Kali Linux so much?

Is it not viable for pentesting and learning pentesting?
>>
>>54497232
everyone hates its users that don't know anything and just relay on other people tools
kali as distro just includes every tool you're gonna need -- nothing great that has to be talked about
>>
>>54497306
I'm a beginner in the pentesting linux world, i was a scriptkiddie five years ago.

If i actually want to learn something, where do i go? and what do i use?
>>
>>54497338
Why don't you actually try using kali and stop asking to be spoonfed?
>>
>we get these "auditors" that come into work every few months and just boot kali up and run a few scripts,

>its press button get bacon

>they make thousands of dollars every time they visit

>they don't know friggin anything when we ask them to explain their findings
>>
>>54497338
if you want to learn stay away from it, install a stable distro and use only tools that you need
learn how to use them and how they work
>>
>>54497414
Kek this is exactly what i want as a career.
>>
>>54497411
I have used Backtrack previously, but mainly for WEP exploits and armitage shizzle.

But i want to dig into the nitty gritty things of network analyzing and such, therefor i wonder if i'm just looking the wrong place before i dig in and get a good grip on this distro.
>>
>>54497232
Probably everyone who uses it browses /b/
>>
>>54497232
because 99% are edgy skids who don't know how to do anything besides follow a tutorial and just copy paste commands line by line
>>
promptly kill yourself, but delete this thread first
>>
>>54497232
It's useful during a security audit but not as a main distro.
>>
If you guys are looking for some good pentesting tips then check out The Shellcoders Handbook, BTFM & RTFM.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.