[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC sales continue to decline
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 130513716394 cat harddrives.jpg (85 KB, 604x539) Image search: [Google]
130513716394 cat harddrives.jpg
85 KB, 604x539
fug.

http://archive.is/RxF8G
https://archive.is/o/RxF8G/www.canalys.com/newsroom/pc-market-2011-levels-tablets-fall-sixth-quarter
>>
>>54493058
>PC sales continue to decline

in other news:
"Intel and AMD improve CPU speed by 5% in comparison to the previous generation"
>>
>>54493071
At this point they need more competitive pricing. It isn't happening because jewtel and mass produced cellphone hardware and SoCs are dirt cheap.
>>
Considering that a 4 year old 2600K and 980 can still run the latest releases at decent quality, color me not surprised.
>>
>>54493058
ey vey shut it down
>>
>>54493058
its simple really normies are just not buying desktops anymore

ALOT of people are building custom pc's and these never show up in any charts.

Hell rebuilt gaming pc's are more popular than ever before.

Literally every major OEM has a gaming desktop and usually a whole bunch of laptops for roaming autismos
>>
>>54493071

This. I really want to get a new setup so I can do iommu shit and hardware passthrough on vms.

Everytime I think about it I look at how the new cpus basically offer nothing new. Maybe some kind of instruction sets or something that I wont use.
>>
>>54494110
>ALOT of people are building custom pc's and these never show up in any charts.
How much do you think this would influence the charts? Keep in mind only desktops can be custom built like this, and they are increasingly shrinking.
>>
Who cares, the laptop market is being phased out by tablets and smart phones
this isn't new info
>>
>>54494344
Almost all of the online computer shops here let you pick and choose parts and they will build the PC for you and send it to you. I assume these are also not showing up, and I think most people buy these kinds of desktop, when they do buy desktops. It's also fair to assume that most people have already bought a PC once in their life, and are now only upgrading when they need to, which is not that often.

Same goes for laptops and phones for normies. You buy one, use it until it doesn't work and then you buy a new one. But if all you do is browse facebook, you'll rarely need to buy anything.
>>
>>54494386
Tablets are included in that chart and they have been dropping in sales for awhile. It's just smartphones devouring everything.
>>
people keep their computers longer now. ever since the p4 days computing power became enough for what people use their computers for. shitposting, photos, video, accessing school and work related resources, finding jobs, social networking, extra.

plus it didn't help that xp lasted as long as it did. showed people they didn't need to replace their computer every year or two. only when they absolutely have to.

people now only replace it when it breaks. a computer isn't a social status symbol anymore. its a necessity tool that you hold onto until you absolutely must replace it. similar to that of a screw driver. you always need one but you buy one, stash it in your garage, and only buy another when you lose it, break it, or run into a screw that needs a bigger head.
>>
>>54494499
That's a good thing imo, the smaller the computers get the closer we are to nanotechnology
>>
>PC sales continue to decline
>normalfags move over to tablets n sheit
>PC becomes niche again
Nothing of value was lost, OP
>>
>>54494554
Yes, I want to use the nano CPU embedded in my brain to shitpost on 4chan while I'm making my morning coffee.
>>
>>54494614
Just use a phone
>>
File: 6784691.jpg (19 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
6784691.jpg
19 KB, 480x480
>>54494614
>embedded in my brain
why not just in your eye? like a contact lens
>>
>look at PC prices
>1000$ towers have the same specs as 1000$ ultrabooks
>only way I'd blow money on a PC would be if I had twice/thrice the budget and wanted something with NEET specs to play games
>golden era of gaming is over, most new games released in fucking alpha for 80$
yeah nah
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.