[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do iPhones really feel better to use or is it placebo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
File: i.jpg (3 MB, 4642x3093) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
3 MB, 4642x3093
Do iPhones really feel better to use or is it placebo?
>>
>too poor go buy one and try it out
>>
>>54488291
I'm asking because I just bought one.

And yes it feels great, but I'm wondering if I'm just being tricked into thinks is feels great because marketing and social pressure
>>
>>54488320
>buy a phone that you like using but /g/ told you not to like
>"what if I don't actually like this phone but only think I do because of social pressure!"
>"better ask /g/ to tell me whether I like it or not..."
>>
The iPhone really feels like a luxury device. It is rock-solid. No creaky plastic there.
>>
there's no objective "i /should/ like or dislike this thing", while external influences can affect how much you like something, it doesn't make it any less real

just keep in mind that liking something more doesn't make it better (nor does disliking something make it worse)

also, there's little use in asking others' to validate your feelings, as this will only lead to them pushing their feelings onto you (you're literally asking for peer pressure)

tl;dr, just do what apple users do best, think less, enjoy it if you enjoy it
>>
Yup based on feel alone, shit is awesome.

People don't like it (at least, I don't) because of itunes
>>
>>54488257
> be me
> 4s comes out
> always used the cheapest phones
> fuck it, can as well buy something good for now
> fastforward 5 years
> still use 4s
It won't fkin die. It's not perfect, but there is not a single thing that makes me mad. After 5 years the camera still can take photos that could choke low-mid level androids. I am on iOS 7 and, well, it just werks.
>>
If Apple opened up the file system to where I could just drag and drop my files like I can on Android, I'd switch over in a heartbeat. Most apps on an iPhone are objectively better because developers cater to the iOS community, and it always seems so smooth when I use my friends' iPhones. Granted I still have a shitty Nexus 4 so everything's an upgrade, so my opinion might change once I get a 5X.
>>
>>54488669
I got a 4S a few months ago with a smashed back for $5. The back was easy as fuck to replace and only cost me $3.

Works pretty damn well on iOS 9 if you do a clean install. The camera takes amazing outdoor photos, there's hardly any difference with current flagship smartphones.
It really makes me question my $1529 6s Plus.
>>
phones salesfag here, here's the skinny:

Every other major/flagship phone has something it can do way better than iPhones. It's just a fact.
But when it comes down to it, an iphone will always work better AS A PHONE.

You want the most reliable phone that works as a phone and does all it needs to do for COMMUNICATION? Get a flip phone.
Ya want smartphone that can do what smartphones do and hasn't forgotten that lag while trying to accept a call or send a text is UNACCEPTABLE phone behavior? Get a fucking iPhone.

Buttery smooth even years after its launch. All the android fags will tell you their shit is "fast" or "smooth" or "lag-free" and here's the bottom line: No. No it isn't. You're like a guy that owned nothing but civics talking to a ferrari owner about how yours can keep up and it does "just fine" "i've never felt like it lagged".
Fuck you, no it can't. No it doesn't.
There's a reason why more than 80% of people in the phone industry own iphones. We've seen it all and picked whats best.
>>
>not having iMessage

Nice social life faggots
>>
>>54488811
A salesmans opinion is worth exactly nothing. All the professionals doing real work will prefer Android any day of the week.
>>
File: edgypng.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
edgypng.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>54488735
Yeah. As for example to this thread I attached a photo I took yday. It's a fkin 5 years phone which you can get for a few bucks.
Mind you it was in the middle of the storm with close to no lightning. Edgy af
>>
>>54488883
What retards like you don't know is you only get into this field if you know your shit. I get it, it's hard for you keyboard warriors to admit you know nothing. Stay stupid.
>>
File: File 11-05-2016, 15 02 26.jpg (490 KB, 1920x891) Image search: [Google]
File 11-05-2016, 15 02 26.jpg
490 KB, 1920x891
>>54488941
The photo editing apps on iOS are pretty fucking awesome too. Made this Civil War parody in 20 seconds.
>>
>>54488320
It's not just marketing and design. Big companies use brain research to find out what is the most rewarding looking product, to make your brain become addicted to it.
You are literally manipulated to part with your money by how the product is shaped.

This is common practice in many sectors, like fastfood businesses, game development and most recently, consumer electronics.

Companies today are literal drug manufacturers and dealers, they produce stuff in such a way you can't say no. And if you say no to one product/company, there's another one that makes a slightly different product which fits your difficult personality.
>>
>>54489061
I'm also in sales (management, actually) and I prefer Android. It just makes more sense to me. It feels like you can DO more. I don't experience lag with calls at all.

Used a Nexus 5 for years, now use an LG G5 because I got it for free and it's important to represent your company.
>>
>>54488822
>social life
I'm 32
>>
Buying a 5s for $200 bucks tomorrow, kinda expensive but Apple products worth it. I sold my 4s five months ago and bought my self a s6, completely regreat it. Glad I'm going back.
>>
>>54488883
>real work

Why do you faggot autists care so much about REAL work. MUH REAL WORK!!!!!!!! Fucking die already, we want to have fun.
>>
>>54489354
Then enjoy your toy :^)
>>
>>54489371
I will, because that's literally what a smartphone is supposed to be.
>>
>>54488941
>>54488735
how do you guys like ios 9 on it? i have a 4s as well but have ios 7 on it, never updated it since i didn't want it to slow down.
>>
>>54488735
>$5+$3 4S
Fuck, you got a pretty good deal.
Where I live, people still pretend their ancient iPhones are worth shit, and ask fucking $50-130 for 5 years old iPhones. Wtf really
>>
I don't know how you retards haven't figured this shit out yet

>buy phone on release date
>sell it a year later for nearly the price you bought it for
>use that money to buy new phone
>>
>>54489614
How about

>buy 1 phone every 5 years
>stop wasting your money
>>
>>54489418
If you update to iOS9, you absolutely must do a clean install. Most people that complain that iOS9 lags on their 4S most likely have all sorts of litter from all the back to iOS5 sitting there slowing shit down.
>>
>>54489614
Because it doesn't happen? Not even Apple's resale value is that good.
>>
If you like it, then don't ask us why you do stupid
You can decide which hand-held botnet you enjoy the most, it's your subjective opinion
>>
Someone sells me a 16 gb iPhone 5s (in good conditions) in 220 bucks. Is that a good deal?? This is the cheapest one I could find.
>>
>>54488257
Sort of depends, on a powerful Android phone with a modern version of Android, it's pretty much just as smooth as far as speed and animations go.

That said the Apple mobile CPUs are regularly faster than even the Snapdragon processor that succeeds it and the latest iPhones use PCIe storage that makes app launch speeds unbelievably fast.

To me the only advantage to Android as far as daily use and 'polish' is just that the apps are more aware of other third party apps and able to operate between them better. Say I hit the share button on an iPhone and I've got both the default Mail app as well as the Gmail app installed, it would only show the default one. With Android it would show any mail app you've got installed that are properly implemented.

It still super depends on your wants/needs/desires, but I'm on Android now and my next phone will NOT run Android, that's just me.
>>
>>54488257
On iOS (and on windows phone) the UI thread has the main priority.

This means that when your device does some heavy work, the UI doesn't lag on iOS and WP like on lower or mid-priced android phones.

It's a really great idea since as users, we would rather see a spinner for a few seconds and wait than having our phones freeze for that amount of time.

Same reason why cheap windows phones don't usually lag the same way as same priced androids.
>>
>>54488669

Exact same boat here.

Can't fault my 4s and hasn't been enough difference to justify upgrading to a newer one. D an android before and hated it.

Will certainly consider the 7 when it comes out.
>>
>>54489188
all of this is 100% true if you're a weak-willed consumerist pig
>>
>>54488257
It's just placebo. It's the same with all mac products.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 646x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 646x712
>>54488257
Got a nexus 5x. Used it a couple of days, returned it and got an iphone se.

Android is pretty nice since you can do almost anything on it. However the nexus phone build quality is absolute shit. The auto brightness is erratic as fuck and the phone heats up like crazy with a shitty battery life. On the apps side, I found that iOS apps are many times superior to android apps.

I can see why iPhones are so renowned and while the lack of freedom from a nonjailbroken iphone is jarring, it's a sacrifice that is worth it.

Non-nexus android phones need not apply.
>>
File: k4000 pro.jpg (457 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
k4000 pro.jpg
457 KB, 1000x1000
>>54488257
It feels good because it's expensive and you're trying not to suffer buyers remorse over something so expensive.

Lost my last phone thanks to a dodgy charger, Just ordered pic related for 90usd.

My uses?
>make and receive calls
>text
>facebook messenger
>email
>browse the web

I know not everyone has the same use case as me, but a $300 android device will serve most people just as well as an iPhone would, because they don't need a bloody flagship device. My gf is using a redmi 3 that's 130 usd now and she's really happy with it. She came from an iPhone 5 that was having battery issues on ios9. Apple wouldn't service her because she didn't have apple care, so I replaced it for her.
>>
>>54488257
iPhones look pretty nice but aren't very useful. Sad!
>>
File: 1456897391356.gif (2 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1456897391356.gif
2 MB, 250x250
>>54488257
>used and iPhone 3gs-4s during the good days of iOS and shit days of Android
>eventually switch to Android
>galaxy s4
>shit is nice but not as good
>upgrade to iPhone 6
>literal meme tier phone now, iOS 7 design is horrible
>switch back to Android
>note 5
>just as smooth and fast

In my opinion it's placebo
Also Android feels meme tier to, I just want iOS 6 design back.
>>
>>54488811
This.
>>
>>54489418
Don't update senpai. Basically I can afford one tab on safari with lags now. On 7 it was like 5 :c
>>
File: 1462202957124.jpg (186 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1462202957124.jpg
186 KB, 720x720
Does anyone know if you can install apps without using the appstore?
>>
>>54497868
I mean like just putting an apk on it and install?
>>
>>54497868
Yes if you jailbreak it
A better question is why would you ever need to do that? Not saying that is a useless thing but 99% of smartphone users just don't care about those
>>
>>54497943
>A better question is why would you ever need to do that?

Well I want to install what I want, I would miss out on my manga reader that has licensed stuff for example.

On the other hand I would really like to have a smartphone that just werks.
Fuck.
>>
>>54497868
Yes. If you have the source code you can sign the app as your own, and install as a developer. You need a dev account (activate developer with Apple ID) Xcode 7, and iOS 9
>>
>>54498021
What manga reader do you use? I use manga bird. I emailed the devs and told them I'm testing apps, and that the first app that supports kiss manga as a source, I'll use it. I got a reply, and update the next day adding the source, and it looks good.

Mangarock is ok, but it had a bad bug where pages wouldn't load, and you need to pay for more manga slots, or get the "Pro" version
>>
>>54489614
How about buying a phone once every two years you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>54489188
>making something good and/or pleasing is a manipulative drug
Oh man, those evil capitalist pigs. Time to fucking burn my Ikea furniture.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.