[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I'm planning to build my first gaming pc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: MadreBoard.jpg (305 KB, 1747x1165) Image search: [Google]
MadreBoard.jpg
305 KB, 1747x1165
Hey /g/,

I'm planning to build my first gaming pc with a budget of $900.

Here is my list
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sFnybv
(Planning to get the GTX 1070)

Are there any other better and or cheaper motherboards out there? And any other suggestions are welcomed, thank you
>>
you have an AMD processor with an Intel mobo probably should fix that.
>>
have you already got a monitor/ peripherals?
>>
Did you even fucking bother to do your research? Because it seriously looks like you deserve to get memed.
>>
r8 my build /g/. I feel like theres something amiss
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3jfnmG
>>
>>54486609
"I have no idea what I am doing" would be the perfect meme for this meme.
>>
>>54487383
>204 for memelake
>6500 nonetheless

Might as well buy prebuilt senpai.
Go for either 4th or 5th generation, whichever you find with good price.
>>
>>54487383
>750W PSU
>for an i5-6500/R9 380 build
Get a good 500W+ unit and put the rest towards an overclockable CPU or better GPU.
Fuck, you might as well go Haswell and overclock it slightly, you'll get exactly the same performance.
>>
>>54487383
Buy your cpu and mobo from Microcenter they have the best prices. Intel Core i7-4790K is 289.99, Intel Core i5-4690K 199.99 or Intel Core i5-4590 for 159.99
>>
>>54487383
You have a $75 cooler on a cpu that you can't overclock, dumb dumb
>>
>>54487443
>>54487425
>recommending that a first build go with a socket that's already outdated
Stick with skylake OP, you'll actually be able to upgrade the cpu someday
>>
>>54487914
Of course, because Skylake's successor won't just be another 10% IPC increase with a lower TDP. Totally worth the upgrade.
>>
>>54487993
Should I go with an AMD instead of the skylake?
>>
File: computer build.jpg (85 KB, 1262x603) Image search: [Google]
computer build.jpg
85 KB, 1262x603
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rnwKP6

Here's my first build. I just wanted something small and quiet, but a little bit more powerful and customizable than a laptop. I'd probably just play stuff like Civ V and Europa Universalis IV on it, so I figured I don't need a great graphics card.

Should I bother buying a CPU cooler? I have obviously have no intentions to overclock, but I would like my computer to be as quiet as reasonably possible.
>>
>>54486609
Pretty shit build the mobo and ram isnt compatible with the CPU

Try this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Pygryc
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.