[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So guys I'm looking to replace my motherboard but I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: gtx1080.jpg (33 KB, 625x367) Image search: [Google]
gtx1080.jpg
33 KB, 625x367
So guys I'm looking to replace my motherboard but I need some help choosing one. I have a perfectly valid reason for doing this so let's keep that out of the conversation.

I want something newer and that I can eventually stick the new GTX 1080 in. But I want something that will work well with that and my i7 processor. Any recs?
>>
why do you want to replace your motherboard OP
>>
>>54484401
what socket?
>>
>>54484416
It is essentially broken/shorted out. Can only run 4gigs of RAM because the rest of the slots are shorted out (yes I tried moving them around) and cause the computer to spazz out and turn off by itself every 20 minutes or so. Even running on 4gigs, rebooting sometimes takes several minutes as it goes on a reboot loop occasionally. It's a broken piece of garbo that needs to be replaced before it destroys everything.
>>
>>54484426
lga 1150 preferably
>>
>>54484458
Kill yourself.

Stop buying outdated products.
>>
>>54484449
tabasco bottle man is that you? are you going to ruin yet another computer?
remember to post pics of this future event, for science ofc
>>
>>54484628
>>54485155
This is why I want recommendations. I didn't even know that socket type was outdated. All I know is how to put the fucking thing together, I'm not a hardware wiz and I don't read or study it usually.

All I want is something that will pair well with my i7 and my current graphics card until I can buy a new one, which is a gtx 780.

PS I have no idea who tobasco man is but I'd like to see some screenshots if there are some.
>>
>>54485832
What i7 do you physically have right now?
>>
File: headphonepepe.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
headphonepepe.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
bumping with my favorite pepe.

please fellas, I really need someone who knows what the fuck they're talking about. I don't want to wind up on le motherboard world dot com looking at reviews and shit.
>>
>>54486402
Obviously the 4790k you fuckin pylon
>>
>>54486402
>>
>>54486431
I guess you're wrong, aren't you, you assumptous twat.
>>54486432

Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero (Z97) (most expensive option)

Asus Z97-A

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H (had one, OC my non-k 4790)

Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 (cheapest good option)
>>
>>54486666
thanks for narrowing it down m8. I'll look these up and see what I think.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.