[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how fucked are you, USA? Networking hardware vendor TP-L
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
So how fucked are you, USA?

Networking hardware vendor TP-Link says it will prevent the loading of open source firmware on routers it sells in the United States in order to comply with new Federal Communications Commission requirements.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/03/tp-link-blocks-open-source-router-firmware-to-comply-with-new-fcc-rule/
>>
Given the way TP-Link approaches firmware it's hardly surprising. If you want a basic router that has good hardware then TP-Link does great job for the price, anything advanced and you're hosed.

Given that other hardware manufacturers exist, TP-Link will probably lose some hobbyists to companies that will instead choose to enforce the restriction on the radio firmware.
>>
What's stopping me from making my own router exactly?

Also tp links have rock solid firmware, I've never felt the need to change it.
>>
>>54482292
>>
>>54482249
How fucked are you Britbongs now that you have more immigrants to worry about than the Muslims taking your jobs away?
>>
>>54482327
yeah but we can still use open source firmware on our routers
>>
>>54482375
friendly reminder that it's a felony to bruteforce your own router password on your own network
>>
>>54482414
The hell?
>>
>>54482414
no it isnt you twat
>>
>>54482249
Way less fucked than you are Mohammed.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.