[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>using any Linux distro other than Ubuntu >You're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 208x242) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 208x242
>using any Linux distro other than Ubuntu
>You're actually a meme
>Giving up ease of access to convince yourself you're smart
>>
>>54479049
>using a botnet
>>
Ubuntu is really just Debian testing, I prefer to use a distro more upstream
>>
File: face_billgates.jpg (49 KB, 981x736) Image search: [Google]
face_billgates.jpg
49 KB, 981x736
>>54479049

Ubuntu can't even run the Internet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
>>
>>54479049
>Too dumb to use any other system than Ubuntu
>Mad at others because they can handle better distros
>Giving up actually learning about computers and only using Linux because "muh freedom meme"
>>
>>54479099
Worse, it's sid. At least Debian testing is stable (ironic, I know).
>>
>>54479112
>Can't use Internet calls the news
>>
Yeah.... What other possible reason could you have for not using Noobuntu
>>
>>54479112
This video made me upset.
>>
File: phone.png (1 MB, 1218x1380) Image search: [Google]
phone.png
1 MB, 1218x1380
>using any Linux distro other than Debian
>You're actually a botnet
>giving up your privacy to NSA
>>
>>54479143
>Spending so much time on /g/ you convince yourself you're smarter than everyone because you use Slackware to browse 4chan
>>
>>54479223
>Pretending the NSA cares about your cringe worthy messages to girls on Facebook
>>
I would probably use Ubuntu if it's GNOME support was any good.

Until then, Fedora.
>>
>>54479049
>>Giving up ease of access to convince yourself you're smart
>>Giving up functionality to convince yourself you're not actually a 300 pound need in your moms basement shitposting on a chinese cartoon imageboard
>>
>>54479254
Why do they collect them then?
>>
>>54479264
Fedora just looks so outdated to me.
>>
>>54479280
Rice it than, just like you can do with any other distros.
>>
>>54479275
>Makes fun of someone for using an operating system you don't have to sit down and spend time on the computer to learn
>Nigga what
>>
>>54479112
this bait is so bad lmao
>>
>>54479049
I've been a Linux user since mid-1992, Ubuntu hasn't even existed for most of the time I've used it.
>>
>>54479230
Not than everyone, just (you).
>>
>>54479143
>this is what archfags actually believe
>>
>>54479049
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as GNU/Linux is in fact GNU. Linux is not part of the operating system itself, but is the kernel that is not covered by the naming system of an operating system as defined by common sense.

Many users run operating systems such as Windows, OSX, and a variant of BSD yet do not use a cumbersome naming system that includes the kernel, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, GNU has been the exception to this for no reason and has just been called "Linux" for no good reason, and many others use the insane, cumbersome term "GNU/Linux", mostly because the GNU project doesn't want you to think that Linux is a part of GNU.

There really is a Linux, and it's not part of GNU, but it's a kernel, and no one really specifies using it. GNU is the OS; the actual base system you interact with, and is useful with any compatible kernel; it can function with many different kernels such as GNU Mach or even kFreeBSD, so the whole system should only specify the kernel when it matters, because all these kernels are really irrelevant regarding GNU.
>>
>>54479049
Somewhere is the world, at this very moment, exists a linux user who have never tried ubuntu.
Unfortunately, the odds that he's reading this thread are very slim.
Good luck winning friends and influencing people, though.
>>
>>54479277
>implying
>>
>>54479049
If not wanting amazon owning my OS makes me a meme, I guess I'm a meme.

funneh image macros when
>>
File: 53689594679.jpg (45 KB, 492x607) Image search: [Google]
53689594679.jpg
45 KB, 492x607
>>54479049
Linux is the biggest meme of them all.
>>
>>54480415
Compared to Windows?
I won't even be one of the tin foil hat fags and complain about muh privacy
Linux at stock is a lot cleaner a lot less evasive and more light weight than Windows especially windows 10 which you're basically going to be forced into upgrading due to Microsoft cucking you into it by cutting off support.
>>
>>54480415
Don't get me wrong I love windows 7 but I know windows will cock me into 10
>>
>>54479177
Sid is not unstable like the name would suggest
Theres the experimental branch above sid
Actually testing is the worst in security, since its packages get patched later than sid
>>
>>54479049
But Ubuntu's package manager feels unusable compared to Fedora's DNF. Also, Fedora is the best balance between stability and bleeding edge for a home computer
>>
I' m using debian stable right now. I'm going to install ubuntu because it has newer software and it works, unlike debian testing. You can use only free software, if you wish to do so and the botnet is disabled by default. Any reason to NOT use ubuntu? The community doesn't count. Other people's opinions don't count.
>>
>>54481840
My only experience with Fedora was on a VM and the browser crashed anytime I went to anything other than the homepage
>>
>>54479049
Ubuntu is nice but I am an Arch guy myself

No distro makes me as comfy as Arch+KDE. I have found my perfect distro a few months ago
>>
Everyday... If you want to use Ubuntu, that's fine. Nobody should care. I got sick and tired of this autistic fanboy bullshit that I see in every God damn community a long fucking time ago. "Use FreeBSD, if you don't you're a fucking moron." Give it a rest pleb. Just let people use whatever the fuck they want. You don't have to project your insecurities upon others.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.