[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Backups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: worstkorea.jpg (94 KB, 637x479) Image search: [Google]
worstkorea.jpg
94 KB, 637x479
Hey /g/,

How do you keep your backups?
>>
File: 1462524866129.jpg (619 KB, 3600x1796) Image search: [Google]
1462524866129.jpg
619 KB, 3600x1796
I use Google drive
>>
>>54474431
OneDrive for non-personal shit and external HD's for everything else
>>
raided NAS
>>
I don't keep backups. #yolo
>>
>>54474483
What is this picture attempting to show?
>>
Copy paste to external hdd.
>>
>>54474431
mega.co..nz
>>
>>54474431
On a private server in a different city. The server itself has a RAID5 configuration with mdadm set up to send me an email if any drive fails.
This may seem like an overkill, but it's used to store backup data for my work (gpg-encrypted just in case) and passwords (also gpg-encrypted), and losing it would be financialy catastrophic.
GPG keys for decryption and SSH keys for server login are backed up on 2 separate pendrives.

Hint: I've lost important data in the past. Not gonna let it happen again.
>>
>>54474431
I have nothing to back up, i have no interests and no desires in life. I'm just a shadow and will feign from this earth soon enough.
>>
weekly local encrypted bootable USB3 clone of my entire OS

dropbox for work

Considered using my 10TB of google drive for something useful but its a pain in the anoos to mount it using FUSE - and without that, its unusable in any real way.
>>
>>54474637
proof that vince is a lie
>>
I don't backup. If I lose it, I lose it. Most important shit like passwords and phone numbers are in my head, anyway.
>>
Stocking for 1gb of data on google drive, nothing else. When I'll have the fiber I may put a server in my house
>>
>>54474431
Onedrive and Dropbox for the most important files (university projects that I definitely don't want to lose and shit).
USB drive as a second backup of those files and some others. External HDD for all those + music collection backup.
And I keep my keepass db in all of those in case of multiple catastrophic failures.
>putting your password db in dropbox
>>
>getting fucked on soju
さすがバカチョン
>>
>>54475060
How does Vince using a different name affect anything though?
It's just security.
>>
Weekly rsync of my home folder to a flash drive.
>>
not really a system but I just kind of ended up using external HDDs. I have 1 for TV shows, 1 for movies, 1 for music and books and elearning stuff, and one for random bullshit. when I run out of space on a drive I buy a bigger one, copy all my shit across and stash the old drive.

it's a retarded way to do it but whatever
>>
>>54474431

Stuff like photos and important documents on backup internal HD (time machine), BD-R, and external HD.
>>
>>54474483
so vince is a lie?
>>
>>54474761
Is that a good method? I might do the same.
>>54475088
Yea I don't have anything important to backup either. Just random software, and little things that I can install in a sec.
I got nasty viruses so I had to reinstall, I was actually sorta happy in the end that this happen because now my computer is fresh.
>>
>>54474431
I don't do backups. I have nothing that I'm not willing to lose in it.
>>
>>54474431
I keep my backup drives floating on inflaitable balloons. NSA can't get them there.
>>
On a flash drive with a bash script and lots of sync
>>
external 2tb hdd with rsync scripts backing up the folders I want
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.