[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ansel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1462796199725.png (42 KB, 653x726) Image search: [Google]
1462796199725.png
42 KB, 653x726
>Ansel
>>
>available on supported games

Wow, it's fucking nothing. Fucktard.
>>
>>54474317
>Le gaywerks feature
Nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>54474317
wonder why this kind of feature is NVidia exclusive, it's just supersampling with a moveable camera.
>>
>>54474329
HA, wut, I missed that.
do you have a source
>>
>>54474623
>available on supported games
NVM found it

here are some games for anyone interested
https://blogs.nvidia.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/7Ansel-games.jpg
>>
>>54474639
>Only AAA shit
Nothing of value is lost.
>>
>>54474317
Only available when developers enable it (probably needs a huge blob of exclusive code that can't be read by third parties, including developers). Would likely impede on performance when turned on (even on Nvidia cards), on the free-camera video part of it. DSR-screenshots doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Literally the ONLY people Ansel is going to benefit are professional gaming youtubers, really. No, I am being entirely serious before you ask. Yes, I am admitting that it can be helpful to some people.
Random plebs aren't going to need nor want to do 360 freecam videos - or maybe they'll play about with it once in a blue moon, but they aren't going to be super stoked about it once the novelty wears off.
People who produce content to make a living? They'll probably like what it does, giving them a little more access to that to make better thumbnail shots which start at a much higher resolution... until you remember that there's a size limit on thumbnail files anyway and you typically have to scale down the resolution to fit in that size limit.

So really, its the people who do cinema style videos who will benefit from this. The rest of it is all marketing fluff to get hype and promote a new product release.
Not saying Nvidia are wrong for marketing their stuff, by all means, innovation is GOOD. However, we as consumers (or tech reviewers, if not a direct consumer), should look at what's on offer not just for what it COULD do, but what it WOULD do for us.
>>
>>54474649
>AAA shit
What did you expect?
Of course you don't need a movable camera for your indie shota eroge.
>>
>muh gaymes are art
I bet some /v/irgin works at nvidia
>>
>>54474794
they already showed it increased fps
>>
>>54474839
Doubt it heavily. They probably showed Pascal itself increasing FPS.
Do you have citation of them turning on and off Ansel and the FPS going up with them doing so?
If not, I call bollocks. Proof please.
>>
>>54474839
>Can't provide proof
>Didn't even try to provide proof
>Didn't even REPLY
And there you go folks, Nividiot shills doing what they do best; lying through their teeth.
>>
>>54474812
That'sa some messed up priorities you have there
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.