[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ I donno what to do and I've tried googling the issue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: butt fuck.png (25 KB, 403x183) Image search: [Google]
butt fuck.png
25 KB, 403x183
/g/ I donno what to do and I've tried googling the issue for the last few hours and not really getting anywhere, so I'm asking you guys.

Basically anytime I try to install something that's a gig or more in size, I get pic related for an error. It's not always exactly the same, sometimes the wording is different and it's got a different error code, but it's always the same idea with the same two .dlls mentioned. Corrupted archive, bad checksum, junk like that. I know it's just something fucking up on my end and not the programs themselves because other people have given plenty of "works fine for me" responses.

I've tried multiple copies of the same programs and always get the same result, I've tried freeing up assloads of space on my harddrives as well as installing from, and onto, different partitions or drives, running in administrator mode, etc etc. I saw some stuff on google saying maybe it had something to do with corrupted RAM so I'm gonna restart and run a memory diagnosis or whatever after making this thread.
>>
>>54473738
I ran the memory diagnosis thing and it didn't find any problems. So I don't know wtf to do or what the issue is. I've tried stupid shit like downloading the .dll files mentioned in the error messages and shoving them everywhere; in system32, in the windows folder, on the desktop, in the folders the setup.exes are in, in the install destination folders, and that don't help neither.
>>
>>54473738
>IsDone.dll

Yea fucking sounds like it. Scan for viruses maybe. Or there's a corruption with your OS files. Dunno.
My windows hangs every 10 minutes and the file explorer wont stop crashing. We all have our problems.
>>
>>54473832
>Or there's a corruption with your OS files

I was sort of thinking this might be it, it's a fairly fresh install of w7, but it's pirated so I didn't update it at all and I'm worried if I try to get sp1 or whatever it'll try and get me to install w10. Afaik it's the same install that one of my buddy's is using and he's never mentioned any problems like this.
>>
>>54473738
I did some more looking and some forums mentioned deleting a few registry values through the command line, and another one using the 'local group policy editor' [spoiler]which I didn't know was a thing[/spoiler] to disable something called a "customer experience improvement program" which afaik somehow messes with installers while sending data to microsoft. That didn't do nothin neither.

I also ran a few virus scanners and found some junk in the temp folder that raised red flags so I got rid of them too but that didn't help, not that I'd really expect that to be the issue anyway. I'm gonna try restarting again since sometimes that helps after doing junk like that.
>>
File: ms1.jpg (7 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
ms1.jpg
7 KB, 227x222
I'm gettin kinda desperate so I'm gonna try downloading w7 sp1 and hope that does it even though it probably won't.
>>
SOMETHING IS HAPPENING
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KD-i-Q2sus

Kill yourself, fucktard.
>>
>>54474316
>The fix is pretty simple you just have to disable your windows Defender if you are using Microsoft Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 and other OS you just have to disable your Antivirus while installing the game...follow the video for further details :-D

I've never had windows defender enabled, though, and I don't keep anti-virus running in the background unless I'm doing a scan.
>>
Alright after ten thousand years sp1 is downloaded and I am about to install it and probably accomplish nothing.
>>
>>54473881
No problems in updating cracked win7. Never got the win10 message.
>>
File: what the fuck.jpg (25 KB, 544x420) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.jpg
25 KB, 544x420
>pic related
alright well I'm fresh out of fucking ideas

I even tried dicking around with the virtual memory, since the youtube video >>54474316 so graciously provided me had a comment with a link to a forum where people mentioned increasing the page file size or whatever. That didn't do nothin neither.
>>
File: complain.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
complain.png
2 MB, 1280x720
I am rather upset and even somewhat mad over all of this, because all I really want to do is play this stupid spaceship rts game
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.