[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My current Hard Drive is shitting the bed, explorer crashing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 81hDMqd2KFL._SL1500_.jpg (103 KB, 1500x1165) Image search: [Google]
81hDMqd2KFL._SL1500_.jpg
103 KB, 1500x1165
My current Hard Drive is shitting the bed, explorer crashing every 30 minutes and all other apps freezing in tangent. Can't restore windows because I no longer have the digital key I bought it with, and Microsoft is too obsessed with money to fix their current customer's issues, and would rather prevent loophole piracy. So fuck it just going to upgrade to an SSD, as this issue has gradually worsened and I'm blaming it on failing hardware.

Any recommendations? Also is there a way to get around paying for Windows again? I refuse to give more money to that disgrace of a company.
>>
>>54472399
>Also is there a way to get around paying for Windows again?
upgrade to new SSD/HDD
clone OS partition from dying drive
OS remains activated
>>
I'm also looking into SSD, are the SanDisk SSD Plus any good? There's one on Amazon for 63 euros on sale.
>>54472399
Download W7 iso and use the tool to unlock/"legitimize" it then get a free W10.
>>
get new SSD
replace OS with user-friendly linux distro like Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora, or Manjaro
>>
>>54472399
honestly you should buy a hyperx fury i have one and they are so cheap but it is really fast and shit nad have had mine for like a half year! but you should get a mechanical drive too :^)
>>
>>54472399
>dl and run produkey
>save windows key on your nas or backup drive
also i've heard that kmspico works if you're too pleb to get a legit key from somewhere
>>
Kingdian s280 looks good according to /csg/ with solid speeds and cheap as fuck.
>>
Most SSDs perform about the same when it comes to booting, opening programs, loading gaymes and stuff like that. If you do content creation or care about benchmark scores, get an 850 evo. If not, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb is going for $180-200.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.