[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanted to invest in a pair of cameras for my house. Does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cam.jpg (31 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
cam.jpg
31 KB, 425x425
I wanted to invest in a pair of cameras for my house.

Does anyone have experience with buying surveillance cameras? I'm hoping to find ones that use private IPs and can connect to routers wirelessly.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Security-Waterproof-Serveillance-SkyGenius/dp/B018TPNY64/ref=sr_1_9?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1462846340&sr=1-9&keywords=wifi+security+camera

I'm not sure how secure most wifi cams are.
>>
>>54470600
they connect to your router so they all have private IP's.
>>
lewd
>>
>>54470919
From what I understand, you must configure them with your router to start with, then I imagine they'd use WPA2 to connect with your router.

Since they have private IPs, how would I go about checking on them with a phone?

I also am curious how you would record the streams to a HDD.
>>
>>54470953
some of them have wps for convenience. You use the app on your phone to livestream and they record to an SD. they just record over the top every 8 hours or so
>>
>>54470994
Is there a brand you recommend? I'm thinking the one under the link I posted earlier.
>>
Find camera that can run open camera firmware, most report to china by default.

Get not shit router, you're trying to add many constant video streams on network.

Use eyespy64 on spare machine to record. Win or Linux works.

Enjoy your new paranoia levels.
>>
Just put them on your network and assign them an IP address, and use an app like IVMS to view them.
>>
>>54471020
i dont know, the one you posted looks like chinkshit.
>>
>>54471045
>>54471072
>>54471083
>>54470994

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the help.
>>
>>54470600
I have 25fps camera mounted in my studio flat. It's old Lumia 520. Never had any problems with it, all I did was use lightbulb to plug converter. Also mounted fisheye.
It snaps 2k res photos in full quality on demand. Simple web gui.
>>
>>54473153
>lightbulb to plug converter
wat
>>
>>54470600
get a gun too, a camera can't stop you from being raped.

The police will show up late to the party

You know somebody out there wants that boipussy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.