[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ I recently aquired 3 harddrives with 1.64 TB of total
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: pure bliss.jpg (92 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
pure bliss.jpg
92 KB, 540x720
Hey /g/
I recently aquired 3 harddrives with 1.64 TB of total storage (2x 500 GB and 1x 640 GB) and a generic shitbox pc with a sempron at 2 GHZ and 3 GB of ram (the shitbox also has a 320 GB harddrive but I think it's a maxtor drive so I might just throw that away).
What should I do with all of these, seems like a shame to just leave it lying around and I have no one to give it to.
Any idea's are welcome
>>
bump
please help /g/
>>
Web server? Distro hopper? NAS? Those are some basic ideas since you have some storage space. I think there are a few websites with suggestions as well.
>>
>>54464625
whats the socket for the semperon? maybe u could swap it out for a better CPU, put some more ram into it and turn it into a smol server.
>>
>>54465673
cant remember but it was a 2 GHZ sempron, think it wasnt too old but I probably wont bother getting a better cpu for it since it's so old anyway.

>>54465666
Dont really have a use for a nas or a web server, use my main pc for distro testing (vmware)
Those were my first idea's as well but I just dont have any use for them
Also nice trips man
>>
Just make it into a cheap NAS.
>>
>>54465703
>>54465700
>checked

yea go with the nas idea

speaking of hardrives. how to i make my computer recognize that it has two hard drives in it? my PC has two but its only recogizing one of them
>>
>>54466061
No real use for a nas sadly
Does the PC see them both in the BIOS/EFI ?
>>
>>54466099
think so, the both of them are recognized in the raid configuratior at least.
>>
>>54466197
>raid
>can only see 1 harddrive
what kind of raid senpai
that might be the issue here
>>
give it back, jamal
>>
>>54466218
it can only see one as in it can only see one when i go t th computer thing in windows explorer. i dont have plans to set it into a raid configuration.
>>
>>54466230
>give it back, jamal
I'm white as hell senpai
>>
>>54466247
>>54466218

i only know about the raid stuff because on the plethura of boot screens its pops up with intel RST stuff. kind of cool in a way.
>>
>>54466247
maybe it already put it into a certain raid config when you added it
How many drives of what size, sometimes it defaults to JBOD which just adds the disk space and shows it like one large drive
>>
>>54466368
its two one TB harddrives, one from WD and the other is segate i think. i'll have to boot up speccy.
>>
>>54466426
they say there both 931 gb each, according to speccy. they must have some reserve stuffs running on them.
>>
>>54466460
nah that just means they are formatted.
in the search bar fill in computer management and open that.
then go to storage and then disk management (might be called differently since i'm not using an english OS)
See if you can find the two 1 TB drives in that list
if you can only find one then Windows just isnt finding the other one for some reason.
>>
cool story bro
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.