[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best cheap/fanless Windows laptops
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Asus eeebook.jpg (24 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
Asus eeebook.jpg
24 KB, 620x349
What are the best cheap windows laptops/notebooks /g/? None of that chromebook or chinese tablet shit. These things are the best for browsing and watching animu in bed, as well as being passively-cooled and capable of basic computing. Plus you can get them in 11inch, 13inch, and 14inchs sizes. So what's your pick /g/? HP Stream? Asus eeebok?
>>
>>54463227
X205TA master race.
>>
>>54463227
Asus UX305

Everything else is too shit. Getting shitty performance AND shitty screen isn't worth the couple bucks you save.
>>
Get a macbook and install Windows. They're the best Windows laptops.
>>
>>54463827
Are you made of money? I know I'm not
>>
>>54463790
You can get a refurb X205TA for like $150. The UX305 costs like 4 times as much. Not cheap enough.
>>
>>54463227
chromebooks are the best for what you said youll be using for
>>
>>54463856
The horrible 1366x768 screen that is pretty small too and the performance would make even browsing a pain.

Used UX305 is probably around 500-600 but actually usable and doesn't make you want to end your life.
>>
>>54463880
>capable of basic computing
I meant a device, that when I want it to do something, I can rely on it being do that something (Eg. run an exe file). Sure 90% of the time it may be used for something a Chromebook can do but there will always be that situation where you want to do something that can't be done on a Chromebook. That's basically what I meant by basic computing. Most programs I will probably want to use will be exclusive to Windows.
>>
>>54463227
Thinking about picking up a ThinkPad X130/140 or something, and changing out the 1366x768 screen for something 1600x900.

My iPad almost replaces the laptop, except for keyboard, mouse, a few or the applications I use, and the soul sucking experience...
>>
>>54463976
>cheap
Sure the Core M devices are really attractive but they are also very expensive (For what they do). Maybe in the future if Core M notebooks become mainstream and cheap.
>>
>>54464131
Isn't 500 considered cheap? There is simply no way sans Core M to get a decent performance on a passively cooled laptop, besides you'd get at least a FullHD screen and a pretty speedy SSD.

Atom on a desktop OS with 2GB of RAM sounds too annoying of an experience, might as well go for a Thinkpad, it should be barely more expensive and pretty quiet for basic tasks.

Or settle for Chromebook.
>>
>>54464201
Some of them have celerons and pentiums.
>>
>>54464239
But they also run a castrated OS that requires lesser resources for itself.
>>
The Asus Eeebook 14" E403 is probably the best you can do before you jump up massively in price to the Core M stuff. It costs about £200 and has a 14" 1366x768 display paired with a quad-core Pentium processor.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.