[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see a lot of people saying that Nvidia will gimp the 900 series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
I see a lot of people saying that Nvidia will gimp the 900 series somehow with drivers now that the 1000 series of cards are due out.

Has anyone got any proof. Or is it just that faggots are expecting big improvements out of a mature driver?
>>
>>54459678
There is no proof of Nvidia Gimping 700 600 or any other series. Why do people act so surprised that old cards dont work well in new games?
>>
>>54459724
because amds older card remain competitive.
>>
>>54459678
They don't get gimped.but they don't get fancy new drivers to fix performace. So the performance of 900 series will stagnate while AMD continues to support their last gen cards
>>
>>54459724
Because their performance in these newer games went down inbetween driver releases, that's why.
>>
>>54459678
>>>/g/gcg/
>>
>>54459724
There is a very good case for it made at least, check youtube for the video of some guy breaking it down with graphs and numbers
>>
>290X
>780 Ti

At launch the 780 Ti was about 15% faster than the 290X overall. Now the 290X is about 25% faster than the 780 Ti. The 290X improved in performance by 10% and the 780 Ti lost 15% performance through driver updates.
>>
>>54460046

the only video i've ever seen on the matter disproved your statement and actually showed an upward trend of 3% improvement before capping out.
>>
>>54459870
Because the drivers weren't as optimized at release compared to Jewvidia
>>
>>54459678
Disable goyworks.
>>
>>54459724
Because downgrading to older, supposedly worse drivers, gave performance boosts to these older cards. And of course, brings back old bugs fixed by newer drivers.

So you're stuck using a shitty driver that has annoying bugs and crashes, or sacrifice your FPS instead. Nvidia, the way it's meant to be played.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.