[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meraki
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: mx-stack-twisted-small.jpg (85 KB, 720x470) Image search: [Google]
mx-stack-twisted-small.jpg
85 KB, 720x470
What does /g/ think of Cisco Meraki? Is it a cloud-based botnet?
>>
>>54456918
>cloud-based botnet
Botnet's by definition are cloud-based
>>
>>54456918
its as much a botnet as win8/win10 is, or wow, or almost any mmorpg , ar any of the major virusscanners.
>>
>>54456932
All botnets are cloud-based but not all cloud-based things are botnets.
>>
>>54456918
If you really wanted our opinion why not ask us with a neutral tone and not lead us with "botnet"?
>>
>>54457011
Yup.
>>
>>54456918
Lol no! It's a offline-only botnet!
>>
>>54456918
Damn good equipment, but pricey both initially and over time due to licensing.

The closest thing to the apple of networking equipment. I would never get it outside of an educational environment simply because of the costs. The educational discounts Cisco gives are just phenomenal.

The cloud based / licenses factors go against a lot of my personal ethics, but professionally I like them. More recurring revenue, easy to work with, really good support. Almost a dream if you are running an IT business.
>>
>>54456918
From the point of view of a noc eng, fuck that shit. Expensive, time consuming, and such a pain in the dick to deal with that cisco tac has a separate division to support it. Although, when they work, they realllly work.
>>
>>54456918

I run a few hotels with Meraki equipment. It was supposed to be an exercise in trading capex for opex; but now the shit is too damn expensive, not even counting the licensing.

I can get Cisco Catalyst switches, and Aironet APs with a 12 month SMARTnet contracts for less money that the Meraki gear.

The web UI is very sexy though, I'll give it that.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.