[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Androids vs iPhone which one is better overall? If I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Android-VS-Apple.jpg (16 KB, 600x410) Image search: [Google]
Android-VS-Apple.jpg
16 KB, 600x410
Androids vs iPhone which one is better overall?
If I don't want to root my Android but would jailbreak my iPhone is it worth it for the iPhone?

With the HTC 10 coming out its pretty tempting to just get that but the reliability of an iPhone is also nice too..
>>
Rooted Android > iOS > Unrooted Android
>>
As someone who mainly used Android and tried an iphone with the 6s, while I like that the iphone doesnt lag on updates or has an update rape its battery like lollipop molested my old Note 4's battery, I still prefer Android as an OS. Its just easier to navigate and has more options in my opinion
>>
>>54456671
What can you do with rooting your phone?
I've never really heard a huge argument to do it. I've only heard of people doing it for aesthetics.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 578x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 578x414
>>54456652
Do you use iMessage, or own another Apple product? Are you okay waiting for a jailbreak, and losing it if you update?

If so, iPhone.

Do you like more freedom in what you can install, software or OS related? Do you use Google Services?

If yes, Android.

I went over to Android for a while, went with Nexus 5, Oneplus One and another phone. It was perfectly fine other than iMessage, which got me to move back to iOS.
>>
>>54456768
Superior Adblock

Full control of root files and system applications (i.e. mess with config files / delete pre-installed applications that came with the phone)

Proper DualShock 3/4 Support at least using the stupid paid Sixaxis Controller application. Hated that I had to pay for it, love how it works better than just trying to BT pair it normally.

Deeper Tasker integration if you're into automation, some actions require root to do, because apparently Google made it so you can't turn off some settings without manually doing it

Fully customizable interface without having to flash ROM if you're lucky using Xposed Framework, mess with navigation bar, notification icons, system font, system colors, etc.

Did I mention Xposed Framework? Excellent modules found there outside of interface customization. Similar to that of Cydia from Jailbroken iOS
>>
>>54456774
I had an iPhone as my first real "smartphone" it was a 4 and I had it until 2014 so about 4 years and it worked perfectly fine nothing went wrong and I loved the imessage and facetime which prompts me to go back.

I just don't know how the jailbreak is right now.
>>
>>54456768
For me is:
AdAway
MacroDroid/Tasker automation.
Kernel management.
DriveDroid to use your phone as a bootable media to install an OS or simply a container like a flash drive without the MTP thing.
LMT launcher to get Pie Controls.
Xposed modules.

And more things like >>54456858 said.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.