[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Media Smartwatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1448010212605.jpg (652 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448010212605.jpg
652 KB, 773x1000
Hey guys,
So I know smartwatches are a normie meme and all of that shit, but I just got an LG G3 and am sick of reaching into my pocket to skip tracks while I use it as a player.
The best fix I can think of is to use a watch to skip tracks while I'm out and about, plus it would also be handy for reading messages quickly while at work, and could possibly be a nice accessory.
Does anyone here have a recommendation for a good one for this purpose? I couldn't care less about fitness tracking, GPS, calls or any other features really. I just want it to look kinda nice, be cheap and have media controls.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>54456620
Sony Live view
you can get it for $20 or less and you can even install open source application for it
>>
>>54456709
This looks alright, I don't know where the hell you saw it for $20 though. It's not touch screen, so the media controls would be physical buttons?
>>
>>54456749
the outer edges are touch pads
I caught mine on a daily deal site for $20 and it's really not worth not much more than that
>>
>>54456778
Fair enough, thanks for the suggestion. So you skip tracks by swiping the outer edge?
How is the Samsung Gear Fit for something like this?
>>
>>54456795
you just tap the left/right black edges while on the media player to skip
>>
>>54456842
So it takes a little navigating before you can skip? I'm looking for something I can just click/swipe to skip without having to access anything first.
>>
>>54456871
Nah just put it on the media mode first, you would click the right button to turn on the screen then tap to skip
>>
>>54456896
Alright, thanks for your help.
>>
>>54456871
Just get a modest bluetooth headset. Those typically have tracking buttons
>>
>>54456940
I'm coming from a pair of bluetooth headphones, but have replaced them with some nice new IEMs, hence me seeking the ease of track skipping I am already used to.
Thanks for your help, though.
>>
Maybe this works? not sure, saw it in /csg/

gearbest.com/smart-wristband/pp_227780.html
>>
>>54457164
I've tried a cheap one, got it for around $15. It worked OK, but I had to unlock it and navigate to the media controls page every time I wanted to skip a track.
Thanks for contributing.
>>
I opted for a Pebble Original, found one brand new for $100. Seems the physical buttons work fine as media controls and I can also check messages at work on it.
Thanks for all the help, guys.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.