[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SQT - Stupid Question Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: S340_Images_06.png (176 KB, 960x800) Image search: [Google]
S340_Images_06.png
176 KB, 960x800
I got Pic related case. Should I be worried if I put the PSU fan-side up? I know you can go with either way, but thetes a PSU cover above it with 1 cm headroom. PSU is a thermaltake
>>
will 980 and titan prices go down? since 1080 btfo each of them
>>
>>54450046
Its fine, I had mine like that for more than a year without a single issue. You just end up pulling in a ton of air through the hdd tray which while keeping the hdd's cooler doesn't really benefit them.
>>
What would happen if I connected a Nexus 6p to back of a 170 motherboard using USB type c
>>
File: 1460061155533.png (172 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1460061155533.png
172 KB, 553x567
>>54450121
it would allow you to access and transfer files while charging the phone?
>>
>>54450046
Why would you mount the PSU fan-side up in a case that has a dust filter on the bottom specifically for the PSU fan ?
>>
File: yuno questions.jpg (109 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
yuno questions.jpg
109 KB, 320x180
I am planning to build a PC for gaming after Polaris hits the market.
This is my current build.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Vky4t6

The only thing I am concerned about is the processor. Would I run into any bottleneck issues with my current choice (i5-6500) if I purchased an R9 480? The PC is not meant to be a total beast. I just want to be able to play modern games at high-ish setting with a decent framerate (1920x1080).
>>
>>54450251
>Would I run into any bottleneck issues with my current choice (i5-6500) if I purchased an R9 480?
Define "bottleneck issues."
>>
File: Cfch6.gif (485 KB, 193x135) Image search: [Google]
Cfch6.gif
485 KB, 193x135
Well i installed windows 7 on a laptop and deleted the partition before installing. forgot to back up some files i needed.

Is there a way to recover some files i had pre reinstalling the new windows7?

Pls send help
>>
>>54450251
itz fine don't change the cpu
>>
>>54450397
yes
>>
>>54450397
Recuva. PhotoRec.

Also, STOP USING THE MACHINE AND BOOT OFF A USB STICK. The more you write to the drive, the more of the stuff from before formatting will be gone.
>>
>>54450416
How? i´m using a recuva deep scan
>>
I have a python code that is iterating j from 1000 to 2000.
I print str((j/100)-10), expecting to get 0.01, 0.02, etc.
I get:
etc.
Am I the idiot? Or is python doing something weird?
>>
>>54450379
I'm asking whether or not my choice of CPU would limit the GPU in any notable way. I've heard that it can result in tons of stuttering an frequent FPS drops.
>>
I see people create these custom desktops with stuff like how much ram and cpu usage is going on.

How do they do this? is it on linux?
>>
>>54450444
http://www.piriform.com/docs/recuva/using-recuva/recovering-files-from-damaged-or-reformatted-disks
Or use PhotoRec. Either of those will scan for traces of files that aren't recorded in the filesystem as being deleted.
>>
>>54450503
Then no, it won't.
But it will have trouble with other CPU intensive tasks while you're playing your vidya, such as looking at a flash-based stream on the side or streaming/recording your gameplay.
>>
>>54450503
The only case where it might is if the game is really CPU intensive / wasteful like modded Minecraft. Fucking thing can peg an i7 while rendering on an Intel GPU.
>>
>>54450248
Soo, since I got my new PSU (Changed from a loud shitty chieftec) the case temperature went higher (Also the I'm pretty sure the new PSU generates more heat while being quiet) My GPU temperature went above 54 but I need to stay at sub 53 so the fan's would stay still. But this failed, and not sure if I need to flip it again or stay that way
>>
What weather app do you guys use?
>>
>>54450433
would HirenBootCD photorec do the trick?
>>54450513
yeah i was reading that at this moment
>>
>>54450579
If anything, having your PSU take air from the bottom will make it cooler in your case, partly because of the clearance issue, and more because it won't be pulling in already heated air from the HDDs.
Best case fan on bottom will fix your issue, worst case it won't make a difference at all.
>>
>>54450604
>would HirenBootCD photorec do the trick?
Yep. You may well be able to run a portable Recuva from that as well. Some programs will run in it, some won't.
>>
>>54450536
>>54450567
Ah, that's good to hear. Would an i5-6600(k) make a big difference, or is it not worth it without overclocking?
>>
Is there a reason to use MPV over MPC as a Windows user?

I mean, they seem kinda interchangeable, only MPV has the advantage of being cross platform.

Sell me on MPV SQT.
>>
Why is Windows 10 so shit? Is it Nutella's fault?

I'm using it solely for games, and it's still fucking terrible. I just found that Windows replaced my GPU drivers with some bullshit, which made my games run slow. Then just a few minutes ago, I walked away from my PC and came back and Windows was completely frozen. It literally wasn't doing anything.

So I say "fuck it" and reboot into Debian since I'm done playing vidya for now. Now I can't get into any of my NTFS partitions because Windows locked them all.

Fuck that fucking piece of bullshit. When you do a fresh install, you have to spend a bunch of time researching shit that you need to turn off just to make the OS sort of usable. It takes longer to get a Windows 10 install up and running than a Debian or *buntu install.
>>
>>54450642
I'd stick with what you have, and upgrade if you have issues. If you have lag, you can monitor CPU and GPU usage in Process Explorer or Process Hacker and see which is the bottleneck. Note that a CPU at full usage might not look like 100% -- you might see just over 25% for a hyperthreaded dual core one if the game doesn't multithread much.

>>54450660
Nope. MPC renders everything beautifully, and you can use MadVR with it if you want. Only downside I've heard of is the GUI looks a bit dated, but if you're looking at the window chrome you must be watching a pretty boring video.
>>
>>54450708
Okay, thanks for the advice. I'll be waiting for the new cards to come out ofc. Hopefully their performance really is close to what the rumors say.
>>
>>54450497
Go read about floating point values, you'll understand.

Just learn to round them to second decimal point and it will be fine
>>
>>54450708
MPC-HC goes GUI-less when you press 1
>>
>>54450677
>Why is Windows 10 so shit?
I blame the lack of an "I'm not an idiot" switch, the stupid rolling upgrade model, and Metro.

It used to be that power users could pretty easily shut off the stuff they thew in for morons. Automatic updates could be made manual, etc. Now more of that stuff is hidden deeper. I always wished there was some single "expert mode" setting that acted as a macro to turn off most of the shit in one go, like autorun, hide file extensions, hide system files, show all control panel icons instead of drill-down categories and tasks, etc., and I think something like that is needed more than ever now.

I also think the update model is bad. It used to be each version of Windows would be relatively polished on release day. Then most of the remaining bugs and annoyances would be worked out one or two service packs down the road. Now they released 10 as what was basically a beta, and almost a year later it still feels buggier than good old 7 or 8.1.

Metro was a turd in 8.1 and it still is in 10. I can see it would be excellent on a tablet, but it's just a feature-barren waste of screen real estate on a desktop or non-touch laptop. It also introduces its own mess of bugs and annoyances. From the start, Windows 10 has had a bug that makes classic desktop apps launched from Metro apps (as often happens when using Settings) pop up entirely behind the Metro app.

And of course the lack of ClearType in anything Metro makes everything fucking ugly on lower DPI desktop displays and still-common 1366x768 laptops.
>>
>>54450796
Entirely borderless too. I didn't know about this feature. Thanks -- this will be very useful for watching something off in the corner of the screen.
>>
I put my PSU fan side up just because I hate the sticker on the other side (AX860i).
I've never seen the fan spinning anyway. For all I know, it doesn't work.
>>
How long do you guys estimate it'll take 5k IPS monitors to become affordable?

I really want to get a monitor and build a tower to replace my laptop, but I'm not buying a 4k monitor because HiDPI 1920x1080 @ 27" simply isn't adequate (2560x1440 effective is the bare minimum for that size class) and standard 2560x1440 27" displays are already showing their age.
>>
>>54450901
If your PSU fan isn't spinning, you have a problem. Also if you have gimped the cooling on your PC by effectively disabling one fan, don't be surprised if the temperature is higher.
>>
>>54450930
When 4k starts showing its age. This is how things usually work. You either cough up the cash for the shiny new thing, or you buy the aging cheap one.
>>
>>54451011
I know AXi series PSUs don't spin if they're taking a low enough load.
I think that must be the case here. I'm only running a 970 and 4690k. A 860w PSU is pretty overkill.
>>
>>54450046
Mount your psu fan side down. A bonus of the nzxt s340 is the height of the legs allowing you to pull in fresh air and exhaust it rather than pulling in warm air that is already inside your case.
>>
Mates im looking for a flat Windows 7 theme, just like the aero default but flat

Any recomendations?
>>
>>54450046
Shit case with no room for optical drive.
>>
File: 1455462308130.png (163 KB, 425x338) Image search: [Google]
1455462308130.png
163 KB, 425x338
Why should I get a 750/950 card (or the radeon equivalent) when there are GTX 480/580 used cards on amazon for less $$$?

In a generalized scenario does a 480/580 outperform a 950?
I saw a 480 at 55+ fps 1080p GTA 5 while the 750 often goes below 50

Should I just get a 950 because of directx 12 + newer drivers + lower temps/TDP/noise?
>>
Is scanning mods a waste of time?

Like for example, this old Unreal game, I downloaded a mod that contains a bunch of packages, like scripts and textures and all that.

Would a virus scanner really even know how to read them? Is it even possible for stuff that gets run by other stuff to be malware?
>>
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8H2VdC

Will there really be a conflict with the case's drive bays and the gpu?
>>
So I'm not nearly as savvy as people here seem to be, but I have come upon 5 Dell PowerEdge 2650 rack servers. They're quite old, but they are apparently all functioning. I have never worked with a server before and have no idea what I'm doing. I get "VOLT ROMB BATT" on the little LCD when i start one server up, and I think that has to do with the CMOS? I do know I need to DBAN all of these hard drives because of confidential data, but I really don't know how to go about reformatting and resetting all of these servers in the first place. Help an idiot?
>>
>>54451173
Flat like how? Aero's unflat due to being glass and being shiny. Do you want something that looks more or less like Win8? Because that's properly flat.
>>
>>54451212
Unless you're a media collector, what point is there in having a huge honking optical drive eating up space in your case?

Seriously. I just can't think of a situation where it'd be more than a twice-per-year sort of need which would be better served by a little USB slot loading drive you keep tucked away in a drawer somewhere for those rare occasions.

I keep a business laptop with a hotswap slot and an optical drive module around for situations like that and I've needed to pull it out maybe once in the past 2 or so years.
>>
>>54451212
>optical drive
>2016
I only used optical for OS installation for a long while, then even that moved to USB.

>>54451313
>Would a virus scanner really even know how to read them?
Yes, if its definitions file has signatures for malware that can be in them. It doesn't care about the format of a file, it just looks for matches for its byte-sequence signatures for various malware in them.

>Is it even possible for stuff that gets run by other stuff to be malware?
Yes.
>>
Anyone have a good RPN emulator to use?

Mathematica sucks ass and has no EE or whatever to just let me do easy calculation.
>>
I've got a loud as FUCK CPU fan, yes it's the stock cooler, yes I know they're trash and I need to replace it as soon as possible, in the mean time is there anything I can do to stop the grinding sound? It literally sounds like a tattoo machine. I took the fan off the block and noticed there was what appeared to be a little lever on the inside of the housing is that causing a grind? I've tightened and loosened the screws on the fan to see if that would help it seems like when it does buzz and grind if I kind of touch the fan while its running it tones the noise down but my fan and block aren't loose or woobly.
>>
>>54450046
Why do AMD cpu run like shit in mmos?
>>
>>54450642
Overclocking a 6600k would make all the difference. You don't get a k edition CPU and then proceed to not overclock it.
But if you're asking if a 6600k would give you more frames per second, then no it wouldn't. It's better at multitasking and actual CPU heavy tasks, which games usually aren't.
>>
>>54451344
Shiny and flat m8
>>
There's a Craigslist offer in my area for
>I7 4790k
>2x8gb RAM @ 1866MHz
>MSI GTX 980 >>>>4GB<<<<
>250gb ssd
>1tb WD caviar blue.

Price tag: $400. How bullshit is it? I'm having a hard time even inquiring about it. It seems too good to be true.
>>
>>54451418
All games, even those which take advantage of multiple cores better than the rest, are bound by single-threaded performance due to how games are built. Intel has the upper hand in per-core performance, so games perform better on Intel generally.

MMOs in particular are notorious for being CPU bound. In many circumstances WoW for example performs better on a modern dual-core i3 and a mediocre GPU than on a system with a Core 2 Quad system with a powerful GPU.
>>
>>54451561
The fuck? Maybe its one of those retard parents selling their kid's rig. Inquire further until it seems sketchier
>>
>>54451617
It was posted over a month ago and has been updated several times. But they say it's freshly built so I just can't understand why it'd be cheap at all
>>
>>54451669
seems sketchy as fuck. as to test it out
>>
I can't seem to find a straight answer to my issue so I figure I'll ask here.

I've got an i7-2600k (Sandy Bridge) and a 980ti. When I bought my GPU everything I could find said there wouldn't be a bottleneck between the pcie 2.0 port on my mobile and the fact the card is pcie 3.0. However, when talking to people with similarly specced machines, there's a discrepancy in my performance compared to theirs. I've run monitoring software and on a few occasions, seen my GPU running at 100% with my CPU sitting around 50% which by most accounts would mean a bottleneck. Can anyone confirm if there would be a bottleneck on that card running through pcie 2.0 or if not, inform me which specs on the GPU have to do with the throughput being pushed through the pcie port so I could better research the issue myself. I'm not at home right now or I'd post a pic of my speccy for a full breakdown
>>
If I left Prime95 stress test running for 6 hours, got upto 180 or so tests and returned no errors/everything passed, I can safely assume that all my components don't have defects yes?
>>
>>54451855
24 hours min
>>
>>54451561
If it seems too good to be true, it normally is.
>>
File: 1386999627016.jpg (27 KB, 343x390) Image search: [Google]
1386999627016.jpg
27 KB, 343x390
Can i sync my stuff from nightly to dev edition (aurora)? doesn't seem to be working
>>
>>54451855
Also temps didn't go above 74C on an i5-6600k with a Deepcool Frostwin - it was the only cooler I available in my area. Is it a good HSF? Going by the looks it's pretty much a Noctua NH-D14.
>>54451880
Oh well I just recently purchased this, I'll run another test after I install win10. Currently have win7.
>>
>>54451939
74c full load is fine.If you gert to 80c you might want to look at cabiling cooling.
>>
>>54451561
lol scam. That build is bait to get you to arrive at some location with $400. Then you'll get jumped by a group of negroes who will proceed to take your $400. Meanwhile you'll have to go to the hospital, and when you're discharged you'll get a bill for $10000.

Not worth it.
>>
Can I get MPC or any other mkv-capable players/add-ons so that I can watch my shit on a Firefox tab?
>>
>>54451994
VLC does this
>>
>>54451939
If your CPU temps dont hit the tj-max, you're fine.
Don't listen to all of this <70c bullshit, processors are rated to their tj max, you will not hurt a CPU with heat because they will throttle.
>>
How do I fix a GTK theme that has been broken by GTK 3.20 ?
>>
I want to build a PC.

1. I want it to be as energy efficient as possible.
2. I want it to be small so I can fit it on the desk.
3. I want it to be <300 EUR.

So far I think my best bet is to go with the 35W *T-Series Skylake processors (Something like 6100T for example), however I'm having a lot of trouble with picking the mainboard. Last time I build a computer there was only ATX and nothing else. The only option were those huge ugly towers that were mostly empty. What should I be looking out for to get a relatively compact build?
>>
>>54452002
How so? Do I need an add-on or is it somewhere on the options?
I'm downloading it right now.
>>
If I drop in the fastest CPU my LGA1150 motherboard will support, i.e. a Xeon E3-1276v3, how much more life can I get out of it? A couple years? CPU speeds seem to be pretty stagnant.
>>
File: deepcool_frostwin_5.jpg (105 KB, 550x516) Image search: [Google]
deepcool_frostwin_5.jpg
105 KB, 550x516
>>54452008
>>54451979
I see, thanks! I'm happy with the cooler given it only cost me 19 usd.
Pic related.
Can't wait for the 1070 to come out, stuck with onboard for now.
>>
>>54452048
Be sure to check the firefox plugin when installing it.
>>
Anyone know how to recover data from a hard drive if the partition isn't even showing up? I ran testdisk on it and it found two small non-NTFS partitions that I assume are filled with random shitty software Western Digital packages with their externals, but the main NTFS partition is missing. How do I go about recovering data from this thing?
>>
>>54452112
Linuxusb
mount
copy to external
>>
>>54451335
Just a yes or no answer is all I'm looking for.
>>
>>54452120
Mount what? The partition I want to mount is missing
>>
Guys, I need a decent monitor under £100. I'm more of a drawfag than a gamer, so I value colour accuracy. The screen I was used to was a TN one on my shitty £300 craptop (idk the model or refresh rate or anything but it was a HP pavilion g6) but I realised how awful it was since I was gifted a smartphone with IPS. What do I buy?
>>
>>54452137
And it is most likely fuckery from windows
Linux dosent have this fuckery,if it exists,its there, if not,you lost your data
>>
File: Why.png (244 KB, 855x486) Image search: [Google]
Why.png
244 KB, 855x486
Why does this keep happening? Only happens on certain videos and Firefox.
>>
Watercooling related...
Does the type/material of tubing affect cooling performance?
>>
>>54452169
I'm using Linux. There's a lot more to the data recovery process than you seem to be aware of. Anyone else care to offer something I haven't already tried?
>>
>>54450046

>>54451970 someone suggested i ask here
>>
>>54452219
>I ran "testdisk" on it and it found two small non-NTFS partitions
>shitty software Western Digital packages
>but the "main NTFS partition" is missing
All of this MOUTHBREATHS that you're running windows.Perhaps you could elaborate on your full setup, since your post is misleading people
If you're using linux and you're using ntfs for /, you have bigger problems.

>Recovery Process
Well for starters,i would have a secure backup of all my important data.I would only connect this device when backing up.That would be the first and foremost thing to do.

So that's where you went wrong right away son.

>havent tried.
From your post you ran a windows program while within your linux install,you might want to use tools provided within your host os instead of emulating windows. Or your could stop being vague,and perhaps get help
>>
>>54451561
Sounds great, just meet in the parking lot of your local police department
>>
>>54452349
testdisk is a Linux utility
>>
>>54452069
Got it working, thanks. Is there a way to resize the video though?
>>
File: emacs.png (114 KB, 754x630) Image search: [Google]
emacs.png
114 KB, 754x630
Why are the buttons not visible?

Buttons still work, I just have no idea what does what unless I hover over because they're invisible.
>>
>>54452349
You're thinking of chkdsk
>>
I have this old monitor from 2 years ago.
Spec'd at 1600x900, but when plugged in to my laptop I can make it output at 1920x1080 - and I've had it setup like so for the past year playing gamesl like tw2/tw3/dota2/ds1/ds2.
I just built a new rig because Pascal, but I am unable to make the monitor output at 1080p again, even using Intel's custom resolution thing.
What gives?
>>
>>54452439
gtk3 3.20 killed it
>>
File: 1352473538904.jpg (20 KB, 466x359) Image search: [Google]
1352473538904.jpg
20 KB, 466x359
>Bought a 7860K + mITX board as a cheap productivity build
>Get a open-box 500GB mSATA for stupid cheap
>Get a GTX 960 4GB for stupid cheap for some light gaming
>Friend is hard up on cash, so buy his GTX 970 from him
>Suddenly this cheap build is mid-range gaming build

Do I stick with the 7860K, or do I sell it and go Intel?
>>
Is there any way to do reverse image searches privately?
>>
are itrips or similar devices a thing any more? im falling stupid behind on music so i might need one for my work vehicle
>>
File: 1442871957095.jpg (65 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1442871957095.jpg
65 KB, 768x1024
>>54450046

Which windows 7 crack turns into windows 10 legit?
>>
>>54452590
thanks

guess i'll just stick to vim
>>
>>54452438
Have you tried ctrl +/- like zooming anything else in Firefox?

BTW, why do you need it in a Firefox tab? If you want a borderless frame of video, use MPC and hit 1 to make it borderless, resize it, and set it to always on top with ctrl+A.
>>
>>54452730
I don't know about you but I have been using a really old win 7 iso and daz loader.
I'm downloading win10 as we speak for the free upgrade.
>>
How much should I sell my 4GiB R9 380 for used on eBay? AUD pls
>>
>>54452736
There are a few gtk3 3.20 enabled themes.Adwaita(default) should clear up the version bump.
>>
>>54452568
Examine the pixels closely when you output 1080p to it with the laptop. It's possible the panel is 1600x900 and you're getting a downscaled image, either scaled by the laptop GPU or the controller inside the monitor.

If the screen is actually capable of taking 1080p it could just have a bad EDID, the thing that tells the PC what resolutions a monitor is capable of. You can try defining a custom resolution of 1920x1080 for it in Nvidia Control Panel.
>>
I recently got a beep code on my rig after updating my psu and gpu. The code is for bad RAM so I removed the bad sticks and bought new ones . The two new sticks (2x2 4gb ddr3) and 2 working old sticks(2gb ddr3) only appear as 4gb of installed RAM when I look in the system32 info. What's the issue? I'm on Win 10 btw.

Side note: if the sticks aren't placed in a specific order (2x2 with 2x2) I'll get a beep code, any idea why?
>>
>>54452730
>>54452754

Trying this KMpico one think it worked a couple months ago if I am remembering right.
>>
File: m6.4.png (8 KB, 294x429) Image search: [Google]
m6.4.png
8 KB, 294x429
>>54450708
>GUI looks a bit dated
no shit, it's not called media player classic for nothing, the gui is modelled after windows media player 6
>>
>>54452028
Curious, why do you need it to be so energy efficient? Also, what do you plant to use it for?

Most towers, regardless of size, are the same width, and often depth. The main size difference is in the height. In terms of desktop real-estate, it won't be a whole lot better to get an ITX case over an ATX.
>>
>>54452776
How do I 'examine the pixels'? Screenshots I get are at 1080p if that's any indicator (ingame, desktop, etc).
>If the screen is actually capable of taking 1080p it could just have a bad EDID
The product specification says its max resolution is 1600x900.
Another thing to note though is that when I use it with my laptop, speccy lists the monitor as 'generic non pnp monitor and when plugging it to anything else I get the actual model/manufacturer name.
I've gotten used to 1080p and anything else just looks too bulky, if I can't get this to work I'll have to wait 1 month before the gtx1070 comes out and with it a new monitor.
>>
>>54452740
Doesn't work.
It might sound stupid but I find it more comfortable this way and MPC wasn't saving how I resized it(yes I enabled the remember options).
>>
>>54452028
Note that the watts listed on a CPU says what it pulls when maxed. They will usually pull a lot less at idle, and a higher TDP chip may draw less at idle than a lower TDP one.
>>
>>54452869
Hm, it scales to the size of the browser window for me. Just resize the window if you want to resize the video.
>>
>>54451254
can someone answer this?
>>
do composite to YPbPr converters/cables exist?

I have a nice capture device which accepts component and hdmi inputs, but not composite.
Plugging the composite cable into the green socket just gives a black and white picture.
Splitting the composite into 3 and plugging it into the reg, green and blue gives a purple picture.

I tried an AV to HDMI adapter to use the HDMI input on my capture device, but there is about about half a second of latency, so it's useless for playing games.

Been scratching my noodle over this for ages now.
>>
>>54452894
Doesn't bother me as much since it's not like I'm resizing it to see what's behing now that it's tabbed.
What's pissing me off now is not being able to control the volume with the mouse wheel or pause with space/left-click.
I wish MPC saved it's position.
>>
>>54451389
Anyone? I've been listening to music with my PC for awhile now and the sound hasn't return so I'm pretty sure the issue is either the motor or bearings. Will wd40 work to lube them?
>>
>>54452921
Fixed it. Had to right click>Video Frame>disable "Keep Aspect Ratio" and enable the remember boxes from the options again.
>>
This is for a project in my Java datastructures class. I'm suppose to modify the book's source code for Hashmaps. I was curious about this part.

*as a starting point, modify class MapEntry in class AbstractMap.java to include the extra field for the next reference.

Where would I add this next reference? I'm a little confused on where to put this next reference or how I could implement the next reference in the code below

protected static class MapEntry<K,V> implements Entry<K,V> {
private K k; // key
private V v; // value

public MapEntry(K key, V value) {
k = key;
v = value;
}

// public methods of the Entry interface
public K getKey() { return k; }
public V getValue() { return v; }

// utilities not exposed as part of the Entry interface
protected void setKey(K key) { k = key; }
protected V setValue(V value) {
V old = v;
v = value;
return old;
}

/** Returns string representation (for debugging only) */
public String toString() { return "<" + k + ", " + v + ">"; }
>>
>>54453031

Try dpt the daily programming thread.
>>
>>54450046
I'm using Fedora on a laptop. How do I know what graphics card I have?
>>
My mom needs a new laptop. Any reason she shouldn't get a Chromebook?

All she really does is go on Facebook, YouTube, make text documents, and Skype. I know it doesn't actually support Skype, but it looks as though I can install the Android .apk for it.
>>
What kind of power supply should I be looking at for a mildly overclocked 4670k and a 1080?
>>
>>54453316
I don't see why not. Mine's the same, I'm considering if she should get a 2 in 1 laptop for portability. Have you thought about that too?
>>
>>54453326
If you're getting a 1080 you may as well splurge for like an EVGA 1000W Platinum one.

http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=220-P2-1000-XR
>>
File: 500full.jpg (94 KB, 300x422) Image search: [Google]
500full.jpg
94 KB, 300x422
Anyone use autocad? I need to install it for someone else. Which version is the one to pirate? She does mostly 2d work.
>>
>>54453363
Eh, she doesn't really need too much portability. Honestly I think the tablet half of it would just confuse her.
>>
>>54453380
Even compared to my overly-cautious ass, that seems like overkill. I'm currently using a 650 watt supply.
>>
>>54453380
That's WAY overkill.
>>54453326
At least 600W I'd say. 750W if you want to be extra-safe.
>>
>>54453409
Oh, it definitely is but if you're getting a top of the line GPU why not get a top of the line PSU?

I don't know much about the 1080, but would a 4670k bottleneck it?
>>
why does clustering a database provide more performance?

so if I have a computer A hosting a database, and it's at capacity for transactions then i turn on computer B in a cluster.
but they have to sync anyway so how is that any faster?
>>
>>54453440
In truth, I don't know. The trend I've noticed in muh games is that my 4570 takes it like a champ, but my poor little 760 is being battered like a disobedient housewife. 1080 may be overkill since I just have a primary 1080p monitor with a secondary 900p, but if I'm dreaming I might as well dream big.
>>
>>54453004
Either replace the fan or oil it -- but don't use WD-40, for one it will make a mess, for another it's a shit lubricant. Remove the fan from the computer, peel back the sticker, and put a drop of small-motor oil (3-in-1 brand is what I have) on the axle. Put the sticker back down and spin it by hand a little facing down to work it in.
>>
Ok, this is embarrassing. I was fixed an old Dell Inspiron 580 that I got for free and all was going well. I had it sold, went to turn it on one last time and I am getting 4 beeps, no display or anything.

4 beeps is a RAM failure, I've taken out the RAM and reseated it, tried different sticks, nothing works.

Here is the thing, I had inadvertently picked up a different power cable and used it the day this happened. Could this have fucked up the motherboard?
>>
>>54450046
I have the same configuration (TP 850) putting the PSU fan-side up is a bad idea, since it basically has no room for ventilation. The case has enough space underneath where the PSU fan would suck in air from. Just measured it and it's about 3-4cm.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (166 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
166 KB, 1024x768
basically, playing runescape causes my t42 to go full toaster mode

how can i control the fan to run at max rpm from a controller? ive tried things like speedfan and none of them recognize it

id do it from the bios but i dont want it on max rpm all the time, as it idles around 40c and firefox only brings it to 42
>>
>>54453736
tpfancontrol
>>
>>54453745
eyy, that does exactly what i need, thanks anon
>>
What GPU should I order if I want good performance/watt? Preferably under 200W. For example the 970 is rated as 160W or some such but it uses 2 6pin connectors and draws up to 300W under load. I want to get a 380 maybe but it requires 2x6pin connectors as well. Only option are low tier nvidia cards like the 960 and 950 and I'm not paying for those.

Ideas?
>>
>>54453380
Buzz off kid.
>>
>>54453678
power cables are passive. if its a power issue your power supply could be shit and didn't prevent a surge from fucking up the mobo.
>>
Poor fag here.
Im running ARK server on a single hdd shit box.
What is the best way to backup ~2gb save file preferrably to another linux pc once a day? Getting another hdd is too expensive at the moment
>>
>>54450509
You can do it on Windows with Rainmeter
>>
>>54454077
simplest option using cron and cp.
for a more efficient sync you can use rsync in place of cp. rsync only transmits what has changed since the last transfer.
err i think cp doesn't go across network so scp.
>>
>>54454154
Thanks, gonna check those out.
Im still somewhat new to linux so choosing programs is hard
>>
Just how the fuck did tomshardware become so populated and popular? I've never heard of it until it started filling my google results pages. Can't be advertising alone.
>>
File: Capture.png (735 KB, 2547x424) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
735 KB, 2547x424
So what the hell is going on? Sometimes it's porn spammers, sometimes it's Apple shills. Does someone have a grudge on /g/?
>>
>>54454286
It's just a pathetic troll hoping to get a rise out of somebody. He probably came when you posted that.
>>
>>54454324
At least I didn't make a thread about it.
>>
Where can I find the Half-Life 2 source code?
>>
what is a good IM service/protocol to text to people on the internet, one that has a server (or doesn't show my IP), is safe (and doesn't show my IP) and requires no form-filling - specially mobile phone linking

I want to talk to a girl from /mu/ who claims to have no friends. the only thing that comes to mind is soulseek chat ;_;
>>
File: wp_ss_20160508_0002.png (234 KB, 1721x1601) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160508_0002.png
234 KB, 1721x1601
can i make this bar bigger?
>>
>>54454522
Nope. It's an app. Features, settings and customizability are kept to a minimum since anything more would confuse users.
>>
>>54454552
is there another app?
>>
I'm on windows 7 and need to reformat my laptop.

Thinking of just installing Windows 10, should I be downloading it from Microsoft or getting one off a tracker?

Also, I need to buy a portable external hdd, was planning to buy Seagate one but there is a LaCie one that doesn't cost too much more.

Is LaCie even an upgrade? I cant find shit when I look online.
>>
>>54450046
Yamaha HS8.
Should i get it?
>>
I had to do a fresh install of Windows just now.
Does anyone know that website that has a list of recommended download for fresh install of Windows?
>>
Trying to use one of those psu wattage calculators for a prospective build. What's the closest thing to a 1080 at the moment for the sake of having a reasonably accurate placeholder?
>>
>>54454754
Windows 10 is still free, why would you get one from a tracker ..?
>>
>>54454754
To get legit 10:
1. Do the online upgrade to 10 from 7.
2. Activate 10 if it's not already activated.
3. Reformat with a 10 ISO.
4. Activate with the same key as your 7 was using if it even asks.

To get an iso, download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft. It will run under 7, 8.1 or 10. It can create a DVD, an ISO, or a bootable USB stick.

If you don't like downloading it twice, you can do the upgrade part from the DVD or USB you make with the Media Creation Tool. Just insert it and run setup.exe. I don't think it will work if you simply mount an iso though.
>>
Is there a way to have wine run things on something higher than xp service package 2?
>>
File: 1.png (688 KB, 977x728) Image search: [Google]
1.png
688 KB, 977x728
can i add this button in ubuntu mate?
>>
Is it worth getting my DNA sequenced?
>>
What programme for checking disque speeds?
>>
Which tablet should I buy if I have no budget? I'll use it for ebooks and HD movie watching
>>
>>54455152
I'd say either the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 or the Galaxy Tab S2

For E-Books
If you like holding the tablet in landscape and have both pages on the screen, then the Tab S2
If you like holding it portrait and having just one page on the screen, then the 10.5.

For movies, the 10.5 is better. It's 16:9 and the speakers are orientated for movie watching.
>>
Is better gtx titanx or geforce 1080 ?
>>
>>54455152
Definitely not and android device. Android is passable on phones but it stinks like hell on tablets. A couple months ago I bought a Pixel C which is a Google-manufactured tablet running vanilla Android. Its hardware was great but the lack of android tablet apps was appalling. Netflix also refused to stream in HD and Google Cast support was super spotty and unable to make a solid connection to my android TV.

I ended up returning it and getting an iPad Pro 9.7" instead and I'm glad I made that decision. It's a vastly superior tablet with plenty of real tablet apps and a Netflix app that works properly.

My personal recommendation to you would be a refurb iPad Mini 2 or a cheap Windows tablet. Stay the hell away from anything running android though.
>>
File: 1460940162511.jpg (96 KB, 523x929) Image search: [Google]
1460940162511.jpg
96 KB, 523x929
I'm writing a Web-Crawler where I populate BTrees using RandomAccessFile with word frequencies.

I keep getting "Too many Files open" errors when I run once I get over 100 or so sites.
I can't close the RandomAccessFile because then I can't open it again later, and I need to be able to read from them later.

How should I be going about this?
>>
Why do ssd's and hard drives slow down as they get full? im only getting 300 read on my 81% full ssd
>>
>>54455329
I heard you shouldn't let your SSD get over 75% capacity
>>
File: 332.jpg (200 KB, 964x696) Image search: [Google]
332.jpg
200 KB, 964x696
What is the best way of doing RAID 1 on a Windows computer?
>>
>>54455147
Crystal Disk Mark
>>
>>54455329
They don't. You need to make sure you're defragmenting and indexing your hard drive.
>>54455338
This is a false rumor.
>>
>>54454906
Not him but this is what I am doing right now
>installed 7 ultimate on a skyjizz machine
>activate using daz
>win 7 copy now genuine
>currently downloading 10 from windows
Will it blend right away? Do I need to remember the key it used for 7?
>>
>>54455437
>defragging ssd
>>
Is it okay to give someone my phones IMEI?

Im selling my phone and he says he need it to confirm.
>>
>>54454497
nvm, found it. it's cryptocat.
>>
How do I merge 2 partitions?
All the shit I get from google are "free" until you get to the actual merging part.
>>
>>54455491
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=give+someone+my+phones+IMEI&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=xA0wV6GwIMmW0gTUmorIDA
>>
>>54454754

Adding to this.

What's the best type of PORTABLE external hdd I can get? Looking for 1 - 2 tb but want it to be reliable and fast.

dont want one i need to plug into the wall
>>
currently have 3570k, I'm thinking of doing a new build soon for 4K/VR, probably gonna get a 1080 if 3rd party benchmarks are decent or wait to see what Polaris is like. What would be a good processor for that kind of build? A 6600K isn't much different from my 3570K, so I was thinking of getting an i7, but that might be overkill. Should I futureproof my CPU by getting a 5820k? Or just go with a 6600K? Price isn't really an issue but I'd rather not overpay for a marginal increase.
>>
>>54455461
You might need the key, and it may or may not work. I haven't tried upgrading a dazzed Win7, so no clue how legit the result would be. I've heard people claim both ways.
>>
What's the weirdest resolution you can make?
>>
Clueless pre college loser NEET here. I want to look into the possibility of a career in tech but don't really know shit about shit. What should I look at to get an idea about what's up?
>>
>>54456171
1 : infinity
>>
>>54456235
If you aren't passionate about tech you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>54456235
We're full, fuck off.
>>
Is it possible for a GPU to be broken at 2D clocks? This started happening just recently.

It keeps crashing while on the desktop or while web browsing with the message "display driver has crashed and recovered etc..."
I'm using a 960GTX and Win10.

But in video games, I can play for hours without a single problem.
Also, after it crashes while being on the desktop, the clocks of the card will get stuck in a much lower frequency, and i have to restart the PC.
>>
File: commercial-air-conditioning.jpg (2 MB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
commercial-air-conditioning.jpg
2 MB, 1698x1131
I just bought the GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB G1 GAMING OC EDITION on amazon.

What am I in for?

I don't really expect it to, but can my 8350 bottleneck it? I'm coming from a 760 so either way I'm expecting a huge difference.
>>
I am still using w7 and it's telling me I can get w10 for free. Yes or No?
>>
>>54456235
This is 'what is up' in the 'tech biz' on the software side. >>54454180 I strongly suggest you look elsewhere. Hardware side is extremely hard to get into even after you fight your way through the hell that is an EE degree. Consider something, anything else.
>>
>>54456329
Sounds good to me, friend. 10 > 7 and no price beats free.
>>
>>54456319
cpu aint bottleneck shit anymore
>>
File: 10.png (7 KB, 444x225) Image search: [Google]
10.png
7 KB, 444x225
>>54455949
We'll find out soon enough!
>>
>>
>>54456683
i was reading something and i auto clicked post.

Anyway, i just got Ubuntu, because i had problems with debian. Is there anyway i can change stuff like the post button, the tick box's, the red button on the top left, the colour at the top of the window, the colour when i right click?

Or is it not worth the time. What distro should i go to as a noob. And does not look as shit as ubuntu.
Don't say linux mint. Only the cinnamon shell works.
>>
>>54456648
Whyyyyyy
>>
>>54456706
I don't know.
>>
First time building a desktop in a few years...

Is $3,000ish a good budget for a GTX 1080 (maybe SLI) build? I need everything including monitor, keyboard ect. I can't go much over $3k.

ALSO should I wait for any other new parts to come out or just start at the GTX 1080? Anything else important on the horizon?
>>
>>54456785
Wait to see if Polaris competes with it. It may or may not, but its at least worth waiting instead of having buyers remorse.
>>
Let's say you could get virtually everybody in the world to stop mining for bitcoin for two weeks, wouldn't the difficulty then be recalculated as very easy? And then when everybody resumed wouldn't there then be a tsunami of bitcoins suddenly entering the market, completely trashing the BTC economy?

Just wondering if this were possible.
>>
>>54456785
>Anything else important on the horizon?
Not really. Zen is coming, but AMD announced it'll be around Haswell performance, so don't expect anything impressive there.
Supposedly Polaris is also (at least at first) aimed at the mid-range segment, so I wouldn't bother with that either.
>>
How do I into IT?
>>
>>54456785
Shit, son. The benchmarks aren't even out yet and you're already building a PC around it? Wait to see if AMD can finally pull something competitive out of their ass, or maybe even what the 1080ti is gonna look like. Also keep in mind Kaby Lake and Broadwell-E are right around the corner. A ground up build right now isn't a great idea.
>>
>>54456813
Don't give a crap about AMD.

>>54456828
Sounds good.

>>54456828
>>54456813
You both failed to answer my main question though.
>>
>>54456866

I'm not waiting 9 months for the 1080ti.
>>
>>54456785
For 3 grand I think you could build a really nice 1080ti (SLI?) setup. Not to mention you'll want to wait and make sure AMD doesn't have anything to compete with, and see how DirectX 12 really fares.
>>
>>54456890

Keep in mind I'm buying everything. I don't want cheap ass speakers or monitor. The monitor I'm looking at is $800.
>>
File: DSC_0084.jpg (4 MB, 2160x3840) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0084.jpg
4 MB, 2160x3840
Sell entire pc and do x99 build with a 1080 or two, or sell my 390x pair and buy 1080?

Do people even buy assembled gaming pcs anymore?
>>
>>54456889
I didn't say wait 'till it comes out. I said wait till we know what it's probably gonna look like. Given the trend with past XXXti cards, we can reasonably infer what the performance of the 1080ti would be based off the performance of the 1080. That way you can decide if you want or even need SLI based on your setup, or if you'll regret jumping the gun on such a large purchase when there's so much shit in flux right now.
>>
>>54452195
To understand this you have to understand what a key frame is.

Videos are not just smashed up images into a single file(like a GIF is) but instead it is a full image every X frames(key frames) with the frames in between only contain what has changed.

If a keyframe gets messed up(due to transfers, encoding issue on the creators end or youtubes transcode end) it will make changes based on what they thought the key frame was producing the results you see.
>>
>>54456899
Well then I'd say it's a pretty good time to build one. A $3000 rig will probably be solid for 5 years to come. I'd at least wait until people have had a chance to really test the new GPUs. Also I'd personally go with one 1080 and see later how the 1080ti/next gen Titan will do. If it's worth the upgrade, sell that 1080 and upgrade. If not, go get another 1080 for SLI.
>>
File: specs.jpg (66 KB, 827x624) Image search: [Google]
specs.jpg
66 KB, 827x624
i think my graphics card keeps crashing. i know this build is pretty shit but what would you do with it?
>>
>>54454976
Nope. That button is part of GNOME Shell(aka GNOME3). What you can do is run GNOME Classic instead of Mate if you REALLY must have that.

With that said, I cannot vouch for GNOME Classic as I find it one of the worst DE's ever.
>>
>>54456914
People assemble high performance pc's that just so happen to be good at gaming
>>
I want a define S but I hate that the PSU is visible and just chilling at the bottom of the case.
>>
>>54456985
Honestly, wait until the new NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel line is out.

Read benchmarks and then build something in your price range that offers the best $/perf.

(Make you own choice and don't listen to people on this board that push a brand based on their own idealogical beliefs without regards to quality of a product)
>>
File: 1080.jpg (96 KB, 892x950) Image search: [Google]
1080.jpg
96 KB, 892x950
Okay so how does this look?
>>
>>54457006

Just get a sheet of metal or plastic to cover it up if it bothers you so much.

>>54456306

Yes. 2D clocks is it's own separate engine and it can be damaged. However 99.9% of the times this is a driver related issue.
>>
After using Win 8.1 for a while, I feel it's time to go back to good old 7.

Is there a reason to get Ultimate over Professional? What about Enterprise?

I hear Ultimate just comes with features most people don't use, like improved multi language support and networking stuff for companies.
>>
>>54457604
Why would you not just upgrade to 10?
>>
File: UOu1Vq6.jpg (639 KB, 1366x1800) Image search: [Google]
UOu1Vq6.jpg
639 KB, 1366x1800
>>54457502

All seems fine but at that price point why not go X99 especially with the incoming Broadwell-E? Skylake platform is already dead in the water. That 165Hz monitor is literally a gimmick also. 144Hz is plentiful.
>>
>>54457637
Because Win 10 has no classic mode.
>>
>>54457502
>Z170/6700K instead of X99/Xeon ES or 5820K
>shit themed cooler
>3200MHz RAM meme
>that disgusting case
>750W PSU when you don't need 750W
>buying Windows
>165Hz instead of the cheaper 144Hz
>corsair mech
>G900 instead of G502 or G602 if you need >muh wireless
>>
>>54456724
It worked.
Get the following:
>old win7 image (I don't know what difference getting a new one directly from microsoft would be, just that I used an old one)
>dazloader
Install, activate, confirm if activated.
>download that win10 upgrade tool from microsoft
Let it do its thing, if it gets stuck at 'Checking for updates' you got to run some cli stuff to stop and restart that part. Google it.
Once done, customize settings and untick everything because holy fucking shit they gather every little fucking bit about your porn adventures. I didn't believe the botnet meme at first but god damn it is true.
>>
GTX 750 ti or r7 360
>>
Hello, very silly question here

Is this a good build?

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/34732/pccg-nightmare-980-ti-gaming-system

I plan to make it myself but I just wanted to have pieces that would go together correctly with no worries
>>
>>54457731
r7 360
>>
>>54457734
Wait for new cards and build it yourself
>>
How would one find current, working onion links that would allow one to purchase controlled pharmaceuticals in Europe? In small quantities for personal use?
>>
>>54457796
Try >>>/kys/
>>
>>54457804
Lol. Thanks for the advice. I'll try that tonight.
>>
If I'm starting over and putting together a new build, how do I go about moving my windows licence over?

When I install from USB do I just put in my product key and it'll all be okay?
>>
>>54457857
Sorry forgot to mention I'm currently using a 1tb hard drive, and when I install windows again it'll be on a ssd.
>>
in bookz after searching and pasting the result there are sometimes no response. is there a set time when the server that serves it comes online?
>>
>>54457714
Note that unticking everything does not actually turn off everything.
>>
>>54458019
I wanted to ask about that as well, what do I do to debloat win10? Booting into it felt like the first time I started up my ZF2 with all the shit it came with.
I went to settings and ticked off I could find.
>>
File: 1459743867776.png (29 KB, 201x226) Image search: [Google]
1459743867776.png
29 KB, 201x226
There was a backup paradigm, where you backup to two CDs two identical copies. The idea was that you can read sections from the other disc if you lost data on one of them and that the chance of both discs having the same damage is very low.
Any idea what this is called or how to do this?
>>
>>54458082
I haven't heard of software for doing that specifically, but you can easily burn 2 copies of a disc with any CD burning program. Then to restore, copy the files off. If you have an error in some file, try the other disc. If the other disc has an error in the same file, use ddrescue to read the file off the first disc (be sure to specify a log file), and stop it when it starts retrying sectors. Then switch discs and ddrescue it again with the same command line, including the same log, and it will use the other disc to fill in the bad spots from the first.

Or ddrescue the whole CD to an iso using the same principle, then mount the iso and read it that way (or extract it with 7-zip).

However, this whole idea hits the fan if a bad part is in the TOC or some other area of one disc that's needed to make the disc recognize at all.
>>
i just got a new, higher res, monitor and i'm getting little audio glitches (sound dragging). my ram and motherboard are both woefully outdated, is that why i'm getting these issues? didn't have them with the last monitor i used.

i'm not using the monitor for audio
>>
Ok i defragged my hdd. Now its being reported as slower by crysstal disk? What?!
>>
Would the FX-9590 be a good enough CPU for VR?
>>
If I don't want to build my own computer what are the best companies to get a custom build from?
>>
>>54458351
its gpu, and it depends.

just overclock an 8350 man
>>
>>54458392
I thought VR absolutely dunked on your CPU as well as your GPU?
>>
>>54458272
Defrag doesn't affect CrystalDiskMark. That doesn't read files that you just defragmented. It does linear and random reads around the drive to measure the hardware, not the filesystem on it.

If it's reading a lower number, something probably accessed the disk some while it was testing.
>>
If I have a H170 board I know I can't raise the RAM clock to above 2133MHz, but are there any limits to what I can set the CAS latency to?
>>
>>54457502
I would honestly wait for Zen or Zen+ with anywhere between 6-16 cores on a modern chipset/redesigned motherboard. The 1151 socket is dead and supports at most a 4 (physical) core processor, which is garbage. The other platforms (i.e. X99 (e.g. 2011-v3, 1150) are overpriced and outdated, although they will receive Broadwell-E and future higher core processors will most likely use a completely different socket/chipset and have much more functionality. Your built is pretty over-the-top. Anyway my 2c:

>windows home
>air-cooling
>full tower + not aesthetic at all
>skylake
You're going to spend 3k. Rather wait and get your money's worth unless you want to do this again in 2 years time.
>>
would an amd 555 with 4gb of ram bottleneck the fuck out of a gtx670? what about a 1080?
>>
>>54458392
GPU is definitely the most important, but everything I've read says that it requires a pretty good CPU as well.
>>
>>54458387
It depends:
-Where do you live?
-What are you using the computer for?
(-Why don't you want to make your own computer?)
>>
>>54458498
>Where do you live?
USA

>What are you using the computer for?
Audio work, some gaming (max would be stuff like Fallout 4)

>Why don't you...
Kinda fucked it up last time, just want something done right with bells and whistles. Money isn't a huge issue (I have up to 3K to spend).
>>
>>54457857
Just google 'transfer windows licence'
Depending on how much stuff you're keeping you mightn't even need to do it

>>54456821
The difficulty is based on how many coins have been mined (for most forms of bitcoin) so it never goes back down
>>
I need an android app or method that allows me to start recording video with as few presses as possible. Origin doesn't matter.

I'm running a custom ROM.
>>
>>54458587
Telecine.
>>
I got a new work pc and now I'm trying to set it up so I can resume my Python programming.

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, installed Eclipse + Subclipse which works fine.
Now I installed PyDev as well using the "Install new Software..." option in Eclipse but it's not showing up in the preferences and I can't create PyDev perspectives.
Using Eclipse version Mars.2 release (4.5.2), PyDev version 5.0.0.

How do I fix this? I tried to install it by downloading the .zip from sourcefource and putting the contents into ~/eclipse/dropins but that didn't work either.
>>
File: Capture.png (130 KB, 1126x956) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
130 KB, 1126x956
I'm building my first computer ever. All my knowledge comes from CS Classes only and I was taught more about software and troubleshooting than actual PC parts and the likes

I'm looking to spend around 1500$ and hopefully have a long lasting setup, I'm thinking 4 years at max 5 if it's possible.
This comes around 1100$.

I want to use this to all sorts of things of whenver I feel like it. If I want to learn how to render shit I want it to be able to handle it, If I want to play games at ultra I want it to handle it and movies and all sorts of stuff.

Anyone got any suggestions for improvements? I can stretch the budget easily if the needs come to be. But I'd like to stay under 1500$

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wMWc6h
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.