[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have experience with Owncloud? I will be setting up a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: owncloud.jpg (37 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
owncloud.jpg
37 KB, 980x551
Anyone have experience with Owncloud?

I will be setting up a little 2TB cloud instance for a company and they seem to be set on it. After some brief research, it seems like Owncloud has some issues with file sync speed and some people even complained about missing files.

Anyone have any input on this or possible good alternatives? Looking for something simple, stable, and quick if possible.
>>
With such large amount of storage I would recomend you Seafile. Its much more performance efficient. Yes files are sometimes missing in Owncloud. Because the sync is sometimes not working probably.
>>
>>54448963
I have a Seafile server as well. It's amazingly easy to setup and runs really stable and fast.

Throw dat bitch on RAID 1 on CentOS or Ubuntu and call it a day
>>
I ran a personal owncloud server. It's slow if you have several small files instead of few large ones. I started developing a simpler solution using SSHFS. OwnCloud is good if you want something simple, but if it's 2TB with, say, 10k files, leave that syncing over night.

SeaFile uses its own filesystem that breaks files up in chunks, so keep in mind you won't have direct access to your files on disk, only through SeaFile.
>>
>>54448963
Syncthing seems to be used on crazy ass clusters to manage 20000+GB of data. You should look into it.
https://data.syncthing.net/
>>
>>54448963
I have my own server as well. I had problems migrating to new versions because of encryption. Debian developers also want to get rid of the official ownCloud packages because OC developers are sloppy. But it works fine for my small setup disregarding the updates.
>>
>>54448963
The UI is dreadful. If you're just using it as a server, there are better ways.
There are cloud-supporting drives out there, they'd have to be better.
>>
>>54449902
>>54450228
Can you move files directly into the seafile files directory on the server without seafile fucking up? I'd like to integrate one of my websites (some minimalist note pad) into my cloud and Owncloud just doesn't give a shit, its database doesn't notice me moving files around and I don't really want to install an Owncloud client on the server itself ...

Or do guys you have another idea for me?
>>
>tfw I can only use Owncloud at school because seafiles ports are blocked
>Owncloud client suck at indexing
Sadfrog.jpg.png.tiff.tar.bz2
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.