[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally cleaned up my XP machine, and got it up and running.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 20160508_150440.jpg (4 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160508_150440.jpg
4 MB, 3984x2988
Finally cleaned up my XP machine, and got it up and running.

I reinstalled XP, and did the usual, but now I am missing some drivers for it.

How can I install these drivers?
The computer is a Dell Vostro 200, and since one of the missing drivers is network, I can't go on the internet.

Thanks in advance guys.
>>
nigga this is 2016
>>
>>54448099
Yes I know it is.

Your point being?
>>
>>54448087
You're on the internet now.
>>
>>54448087

Buy a network adapter off ebay that comes with drivers, that's what I did :^)
>>
>>54448134
His point is he's a faggot in 2016.
>>
>>54448134
Install Windows 10 or stop being a child and learn to use Linux.
>>
look at the god damned hardware manufacturer's site
>>
>>54448087
Download snappy driver installer. I use it at work and it's fantastic
>>
>>54448087

#1: youre a tard for not flipping the image to landscape

#2: dell support website >>54448887

#3: you posted this via the internet; fuck off
>>
>>54448969
From my phone you kent, got it figured out as well.
>>54448914
Thanks homie.
>>
>>54448087
Go to the details tab
Change the dropdown to hardware IDs
Get the PCI VID and PID, each will be a 4 digit hex number
Google those 2 numbers and "driver xp"
Download one labeled as for XP, prefer ones with higher version numbers and without malware
Don't fall for sites that want you to download some stupid driver detective doctor shit

Since you don't have a working ethernet adapter, do it on another PC and transfer the driver on a USB stick. If you don't have a working USB controller, transfer the drivers on a CD or plug the HDD into another PC and drop the files into it like that.

You really only need the ethernet one. Get that and Windows Update should find at least some of the others. Yes, even back on XP.
>>
>>>/reddit/
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.