[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive been gaming for quite a while but ive mostly been a console
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Sweating.jpg (24 KB, 288x284) Image search: [Google]
Sweating.jpg
24 KB, 288x284
Ive been gaming for quite a while but ive mostly been a console fag. Ive really been wanting to build my own gaming pc, and i'd say im good with computers, but I barely know shit about part specs and stuff like that. Where can I go to learn about all this stuff? Like gpu's, cpu's, motherboards, ram, the whole lot. It's frustrating when I go in a pc building thread and I only know the names of shit.
>>
>>54447578
>Where can I go to learn about all this stuff?
>>>/v/
>>
>>54447607
Im in a board about tech, im gonna build a gaming pc, not talk about the games im gonna play on it.
>>
>i'd say im good with computers, but I barely know shit about part specs and stuff like that

You are not "good" with computers. An average teenager knows more than you. Are you basing this off what your 60 y/o mother tells you or something?
>>
>>54447686
Calm down, wew lad.
>>
next time you visit a different board make sure you check the catalog or the archives before you make a new thread
>>
>>54447686
Ive been USING computers since i was 6. Not building them or paying attention to the internals. I know basic java coding too.
>>
>>54447717
>wew lad
Trust me you would fit in just fine over at /v/.
>>
>>54447725
Yeah I dont go on /g/ often but i'm just looking for some tips.
>>54447753
That wasnt me m8
>>
File: 1356190763874.png (360 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1356190763874.png
360 KB, 449x401
>>54447735
>I know basic java coding too.
>>
What's there to learn? It's pretty basic, desu.
>>
Honestly it's not that hard to understand. You've basically got your CPU and GPU, and everything else is supplementary. Pick your CPU and GPU, and build your PC around that. You can find out the capabilities of such parts by simply looking at benchmarks. Then see what parts fit into your price range. Use PCpartpicker. If you want a list of everything you need, it's:

>CPU
>GPU
>RAM
>Power Supply
>Motherboard
>Storage (Hard Drive, SSD etc)
>Case
>>
>>54447941
I already know most of that, but thanks for a real answer. I guess im trying to learn this stuff more in depth. Just not sure where to start.
>>
>>54448006
How in depth are you interested in learning about this stuff?
>>
>>54448062
Not too in depth. Just to know what i'm talking about. Like the power of parts and their functionality, etc. I dont even know what the GHz of a cpu means
>>
>>54448128
I see. I've never seen a site that explained all of these things, but I recommend you just use Google when you come across something you don't know.
>>
>>54448176
Yeah, i do feel a little retarded for not googling things first. I appreciate the honest answers though.
>>
We have a sticky for this shit, god fucking damn. I'm not sure if I'm more pissed at the OP for not reading the damned sticky or at the other people ITT who don't fucking know that the answer to his question is in it.

Read the info below the main chart at logicalincrements.com to get an overview of what shit does/what to look for, and next time, use the fucking >>/sqt/
>>
>>54447607
Go anywhere but here these fucking people are beyond the average cunt. Trolls and shills all over baiters who will fuck your shit up.

/g/ is the worst board for anything. Just go elsewhere and never return. /g/ needs to be banned off this website.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.