[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
4k and gtx 1080?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 4L_4Xkh6KMR.png (66 KB, 518x382) Image search: [Google]
4L_4Xkh6KMR.png
66 KB, 518x382
Getting a 1080 at the end of the month. Should I buy a 4k monitor that is 60hz or a 2k monitor that is 144hz. Also would the 1080 be able to play most games in 4k?
>>
KYS stupid goy.
>>
Getting a meme at the end of the month. Should I buy a meme monitor that is 60hz or a meme monitor that is memehz. Also would the meme be able to play most memes in meme?
>>
why does it look like it'll collapse into itself and disappear with all those tessellated triangles
>>
Most i can give you is 3.5 gb
>>
A GTX 1080 is only fast enough for 1080p.
You will need four of them in SLI for 4k.
>>
>>54443533
By 2k do you mean 1440p? Because 2k vertical would be 4k and 2k horizontal would be 1080p
>>
>>54443533

Everything above 60 hertz is shooters only. Anything else is too expansive for those frame rates. Seriously considering selling my 144hrz freesync gaming monitor for one of those cheap 4k korean 60hrz things.

So depends on what you play. shooters tend to be corridors and that is the only time these cards can get the frames that high. Also the devs tend to push it knowing its a bigger deal there. If you primarily play shooters or non there you go. Also deminishing returns. Post 60 then 90 then deffinetly 120 it gets less and less difference. In fact at the high end youll only notice it if you are use to the faster and go looking.
>>
you might wanna wait for AMD. They have a history of performing better at real life applications
>>
>>54443684

Less gpu power processing the case means more to process your game anon.
>>
>>54443533
The humsn eye cannot see more than 24FPS anyways
>>
>>54443533
Go for 2k.

By fiddling with settings you should be able to max out any new AAA game at 1440p with a 1080 at 60fps, but there's zero chance in you managing 120/144fps at 1440p with a single GTX 1080

Technology isn't here yet for reliable and consistent AAA gaming at 4k60fps on a single graphics card
>>
>>54443533
2K is 2048x1080, closer to 1920x1080 ("1080p") rather than what you're probably referring to, which is 2560x1440 ("1440p"). 2560x1440 isn't even close to 2K.

As for which to buy, the question is very simple. Do you want better image quality or higher frame rate? If the GTX1080 is as fast as NVIDIA claims, you should be able to get some very decent 4K performance out of it, especially since speaking out of experience, expensive AA isn't required at such high DPI, assuming you get a 4K screen in the 20-30" range, not a 40"+ TV.

I would suggest going for 4K if you don't entertain impressions about being some pro competitive gamer, otherwise get all your FPS so you can pretend to be better at CoD online or whatever the fuck.

Also wait for AMD to announce their shit before buying things, don't be a retard.
>>
>>54443764
dumbass
>>
>>54443533
good work pajeet

0.35 deposited to your nvidia account
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lTGk0R12gs
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.