[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mp3 players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10
is this the one you /g/aylords recommend?

also mp3 player general, I guess
>>
>>54442659
no

that one is absolute shit
>>
mx player on android.
>>
>>54442659

the official /g/ top recommendation for an mp3 player is your phone

a vocal minority suggest using a proprietary device. they are mental defectives
>>
Just use your phone grandpa.
>>
>>54442713
but not all phones have an sd slot
>>
>>54442747
Most actually do. Nobody actually buys nexus memes, most stick with samshit, lg, zte, sony and whatnot which have micro sd slots.
>>
I have a sansa clip, it's o.k. Not great but acceptable for the gym and I also hook it up to a speaker at home.

It feels like a step back from the ipod I used to use (until I lost it that thing was around 10 years old and still working fine) but at the same time being able to pay $50 for an mp3 player that can hold a few thousand songs really isn't that bad.
>>
>>54442705
>I'm new: the post
>>
>>54442872
He's right though. In fact these mp3 threads are just a weak attempt at trolling /g/. People here pretend to use them while in fact their sansa clip or whatever is collecting dust or being sold on ebay.
>>
>>54442900
>I'm new 2: electric boogaloo
>>
>>54442696
which one do you recommend?
>>54442713
you hurt me, anon
>>
>>54442872
>>54442913
you should've been a blowjob, the posts
>>
>>54442941
>>54442659
I have that, 1.5 yr old, perfect condition, I like it.
Only problem is that the music on the SD card is in a different library than internal memory.
I just use SD card for music and internal for audiobooks. Works out well.

Super light, pretty good battery. Charge it like once a week and it charges most of the way in like 30 mins
>>
>>54444342
so no problems like >>54442696 seemed to suggest?

other than the library issue
>>
>>54442659
>>
File: 1334364.jpg (40 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1334364.jpg
40 KB, 400x300
>basically free
>uses standard 1.5v battery
>uses sd cards
>good sound quality
>>
>>54442705
>the official /g/ top recommendation for an mp3 player is your phone
>a device with less music player features and less portability is the best one
>>
>>54445063
>2k$
How autistic you need to be to buy this shit
>>
File: _DSC7465.jpg (279 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
_DSC7465.jpg
279 KB, 1600x1067
Anyone used a modern sony network walkman (or whatever the fuck they're called these days)?

NW-A25?
>>
File: Sansa_clip_plus_8gb_black.jpg (1000 KB, 3907x2601) Image search: [Google]
Sansa_clip_plus_8gb_black.jpg
1000 KB, 3907x2601
Just buy this and rockbox it, then shove in a fat32 formatted microsd card.
>>
The king is dead. The cellphone is the mp3 player now.
>>
File: 1442467560890.png (36 KB, 256x232) Image search: [Google]
1442467560890.png
36 KB, 256x232
>>54442659
In the late 1990s it became feasible to make portable, solid-state digital audio players. Most support the patented MP3 codec, but not all. Some support the patent-free audio codecs Ogg Vorbis and FLAC, and may not even support MP3-encoded files at all, precisely to avoid these patents. To call such players “MP3 players” is not only confusing, it also privileges the MP3 that we ought to reject. We suggest the terms “digital audio player,” or simply “audio player” if context permits.
>>
File: 1408868852143.jpg (84 KB, 400x295) Image search: [Google]
1408868852143.jpg
84 KB, 400x295
>>54442713

I need a compact mp3 player because my phone is too big for your moms tight asshole
>>
The one you posted is *okay*, but not great. For folder mode (reading from SD), you're stuck with white text on light blue background and a five-band EQ. No idea if/how playlists work and if you can create them on-device.

The Sansa clips got such a great reputation because you can put Rockbox, an alternative firmware that has GOAT features on them. That model you posted (Clip Sport) cannot put rockbox on it so it is less desireable.

Unfortunately the Rockbox-able clips are no longer being produced, so you have to buy them used or refurbished. The "factory refurbs" are great quality and look and feel brand new, except for the printing of "REFURB" in small text on the very bottom surface.

GOAT models:

Refurbed Sansa Clip+ for ~$35
Refurbed Sansa Zip for ~$70

The "Clip Sport" and "Clip Jam" are less desirable because you can't Rockbox them, and be careful about buying the Sansa Clip (non-plus), as the v1 models don't have a microSD slot.

I have a 128 GB microSD in my clip zip and use it at work all day every day for music.
>>
>>54444700
I'd also say with rockbox if you were bothered that'd fix the library issue
>>
The SanDisk Clip Sport is shit, the older clips are the ones that are recommended.
>>
>>54450309
Why?
>>
>>54442659
I bought a clip jam when my clip+ flaked out.

Absolute ass.

No button to lock the UI, alphabetizing only considers the first ten or twelve characters, other shit I forgot. Fortunately, my + came back to life after a few days and I was saved.

But I'm worried about the future. I just want something small to play audiobooks from folders while I'm out running.
>>
>>54450337
Their supplier discontinued the chip they used in the old clips and the new chip is weaker and has problems they can't or won't work around in software.
>>
>>54450360
So slightly weaker clip, I don't find it any weaker.
What software problems are you talking about?
>>
I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 with a MicroSD card with Phonograph. Most apps uninstalled, brightness on medium-low. The battery lasts me about 2 weeks.

Don't buy an autist device, just use an old Android phone.
>>
>>54450337
If you use a sd card it splits your library up into two different sections. If you put to much music on it you have to browse by folder because the regular music library can only show so much music. I also find the lock button to be very annoying to use.

Also last I checked it didn't support rockbox.
>>
File: 32j7SEk.png (606 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
32j7SEk.png
606 KB, 628x628
Listening to my Sansa Clip as I peruse this thread.

Bought it before I knew it was a /g/ meme too. It was the recommended player on Amazon at the time.
>>
>>54450481
As long as it's not the clip sport it's great.
>>
>>54442776
>zte
literally who?
>>
>>54450457
Fair enough. I don't have that much music. Mainly use it as a cheep radio for exercise, a few audio books and some music.
>>
>>54450505
It really is. Small. Powerful. Easy to use. Great sound quality. Large storage quality. Only flaw I can find is that is a boring black plastic box aesthetically.
>>
I have a rockboxed 80gb ipod classic (not sure what gen, silver + black metal), why would a sansa clip be better?
>>
>>54442799

This, I don't feel like draining my phone battery by having it play music, I need the phone to tell me where the fuck I am in this new city and call for help so I do not get rape.

"Oh shit, a black person, time to call the cops! What? No batt? Damn it, I shouldn't have been listening to animu music for 4 hours straight, oh well, 3 2 1 time to die"
>>
>>54450613
Well as long as it works for you I guess it's fine. I have one and really regret getting it.
>>
>>54450625

smaller, more storage capacity (up to 208 GB), don't have to worry about mechanical drive breaking.

You can get most of those advantages by swapping the mechanical HDD out for solid state storage in your ipod though
>>
>>54442659
i've been using it for like a month, got it after my sans clip ded
it's good. lighter than the clip, that's p much the only advantage. not worth the additional price, woulda gotten a clip if they still made it
>>
>>54450694
oh also the factory firmware is a lot better. haven't felt the need to rockbox it yet
>>
>>54448656
So good, I bought two of them...and my old 8 GB Clip still hauls after 8 years.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.