[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who gives a fuck how flimsy you can make a phone look? Why are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1405690758_w670_h351.png (214 KB, 670x351) Image search: [Google]
1405690758_w670_h351.png
214 KB, 670x351
Who gives a fuck how flimsy you can make a phone look? Why are companies not making a phone double this thickness and giving at a 6,000 mAh battery with VOOC?
>>
Nokia should have done that since they had a reputation for sturdy heavy phones that can be used to kill a man and destroy a car by throwing them at it.

I would have bought their phones if they were thick brick tank machines, with batteries filling that thickness.
Alas, Nokia ended up how it ended up.
>>
One word: money.
>>
It's one of the easiest metrics to market because it is immediately perceived. Same reason phone screens keep getting bigger.
>>
Start thinking about business and you'll find all the answers you need.

If you put a 6000 mAh battery in a phone, that battery will last for 5 or 6 years before losing significant capacity. Corporations don't want that because they want 2-3 year upgrade cycles. Most normies don't replace their battery with new ones when the old ones stop working correctly, they just replace their phone.
>>
older phones were really thick, and a downright nuisance with extended batteries on top. So companies went "muh thinness" and people liked it, and then it got out of hand. Phones will get thicker later as people forget about the old thick phones and stop caring about the thinness hype.
>>
>>54442584
>Why are companies not making a phone double this thickness and giving at a 6,000 mAh battery with VOOC?
I'll give you a few words and phrases, you should be able to piece it together yourself.
>cloud storage
>datamining
>planned obsolescence
>cash grab
>retarded consumers
>>
>>54442584
Nokia will release a phone by end of 2016.
Google "Nokia C1", everything about specs are still rumors, but the phone is confirmed.
The no-compete clause ends late this year, they are ready to enter markets instantly when that happens
>>
>>54442584
Thick phones cost more to manufacture
>>
File: zerolemon-8500mah.jpg (25 KB, 840x446) Image search: [Google]
zerolemon-8500mah.jpg
25 KB, 840x446
There are 3rd party battery packs if the phone has removable battery.
Zerolemon 8500mAh for example, pic related.
>>
File: LG_G_Flex_2.jpg (330 KB, 2818x1585) Image search: [Google]
LG_G_Flex_2.jpg
330 KB, 2818x1585
As the owner of an LG G Flex 2, all I can do is laugh when I see these images or videos of people bending smartphones for stupid reasons. I can bend mine pretty "excessively" to crazy degrees and it just laughs right back at me like "That's the best you've got? Please..."

Not a very popular device, no, and the Snapdragon 810 issues with overheating and poor thermal controls by default (they can be dramatically improved with a modded thermal config file) didn't do anything to make it more popular but whatever, it works fantastic for me, battery life is fine (1.5 days between charges depending), it's just a great device really.

Running 5.1.1 rooted with no issues to speak of, Xposed and a module I use work great, no issues.

It just fucking works.
>>
>>54442725
>owner of LG G2 Flex
>laughing at other phones
Alright
>>
>>54442769

The laughing happens because the majority of stupid smartphone owners don't have a clue how nice the Flex 2 actually is and never bothered to check it out. It's basically a flexible G4 minus the G4's superior camera (sadly) but aside from that it's awesome.

Got it superhellafuckingcheap too so whatever.

HATERS GONNA HATE
>>
it's funny to think the iphone se may be what begins to pull us back from the "it's gotta be thinner, screen bigger, everything newer" bullshit that's been poisoning cellphone design
>>
>>54442584
>Who gives a fuck how flimsy you can make a phone look?
Pretty much everybody sans some autists.

>Why are companies not making a phone double this thickness and giving at a 6,000 mAh battery with VOOC?
Because nobody wants that shit.

>>54442667
There are huge disgusting looking phones with great battery life, nobody buys them because it's retarded. There are also crazy big battery packs, again, nobody buys that shit.
>>
File: oukitel-k10000.jpg (83 KB, 640x320) Image search: [Google]
oukitel-k10000.jpg
83 KB, 640x320
>>54442584
>oukitel k10000
10000mah
>>
>>54443332
>black bull
don't forget the obligatory louis c.k wallpaper
>>
>>54443263
Check any survey of the biggest complaints people have about smartphones. Every one I;ve seen has Battery life at the top of the list and I've never seen size or thickness in a list at all.
>>
>mfw still got the galaxy s4
>battery still lasts for 1 full working day
>replacement costs about 20€
>mfw I'm not a nigger and smartphone is still like new
>still unrooted
>when unrooted it will still werk better than most < 200€ phones
>>
>>54443502
What I forgot to add: I have it for about 3 years now.
>>
The Acer Liquid Zest Plus has 5000 battery juicies.
>>
>>54443536
Also the Lenovo Vibe P1 Turbo
>>
>>54443416
Satisfying customers don't complain, so lists like that paint a wrong picture, over presenting the noisy minority.

Sale figures on the other hand, show that thin phones sell much better than muh battery abominations.

>>54443502
Wasn't S4 the thinnest Galaxy phone? The engineering was pretty impressive and Samsung crammed a lot stuff inside.
>>
>>54442663
Thread should have ended here.
>>
because nobody would buy them
>>
I dunno, CAT phones are kinda popular among certain demographics..
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.