[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you removed yourself from Google's sea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: google-sign-search[1].jpg (121 KB, 952x535) Image search: [Google]
google-sign-search[1].jpg
121 KB, 952x535
Why haven't you removed yourself from Google's search results, /g/?

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals
>>
>>54440834
I ain't signing into that shit nigga nice try
>>
>>54440837
Just create a temporary account, you can afterwards remove it. It doesn't matter who you sign in as. The removal system is very simple.
>>
>Why haven't you removed yourself from Google's search results, /g/?
I registered my own domain like ten years ago and tried my hand at a little SEO, because the first page of results was for some neo-Nazi.

Wasn't even the faggots real surname, too. He had a similar sounding English name, and changed it to a more German one.
>>
>>54440834
Because I'm not there to begin with?
>he fell for the social networking meme
I have been telling people it's a retarded idea since 2005.
>>
I share a name with a well known football player
>>
>>54441254
I share the name with a hockey player.
Everyone who looks me up finds that guy instead.
>>
>>54441254
Messi?
>>
I'm happy I didn't do any of my retarded 13 year old meme gaming forum posting with anything in relation to my real name.

If you search my name you'll get
>an extremely boring paper where I'm listed as co-author even though all I did was being their code-monkey
>5,000 literature databases which all list this one shitty paper of me being an "author"
>me being 7th place in some programming contest

I mean it could be worse, but I'm not too happy about being listed as a co-author of that stupid paper. It got accepted to some journal, but the visuals (the part I was responsible for) are not too great, because that was my first side job when I got to college at 18... And I never asked to be listed as an author, and probably would've declined if they did. I mean, they probably thought it was polite to do so, but still. Now my name is all over the internet, with no way in hell to remove it.

I just hope that HR doesn't read everything when they google applicants.
>>
>Always google my name once in a while for the hell of it
>Three people half way around the country share the same name as me
>No traces of me found
>Google just my last name and find my parents, work from there, at most get general idea of where I live / where my family lives

I can never win, can I?
>>
>>54441287
tfw never got listed as a co-author despite codemonkeying for a handful of papers
>>
>>54440834
All my google search results are for academic accomplishments. I'd be pretty stupid to remove them given that every employer is going to google the shit out of it.
>>
>>54441287
>Now my name is all over the internet, with no way in hell to remove it.
Sure there is, just ask Barbra Streisand
>>
Google my name you get some war reporter and a professor

Google my name and my town and you get my twitter, which is private, and my LinkedIn, which I want people to find anyway.

My Facebook name is not my real name and everything else I do online has aliases.

Why would I bother removing myself from Google?
>>
>>54441233
I'm there despite never having a social media account. You never went to uni, had a job, or got mentioned in some news articles?
>>
File: 1454472479298.gif (40 KB, 137x178) Image search: [Google]
1454472479298.gif
40 KB, 137x178
>We think the image or web page you're trying to remove hasn't been removed by the site owner.
>Before Google can remove it from our search results, the site owner needs to take down or update the content.
>>
Can someone explain the exact process behind this?
It's to delete 'outdated content', whatever that means, not personal stuff.
Are you exploiting the fact that they're not going to check every URL individually, so thry wrongly remove your personal stuff? Did anyone try it?
>>
>>54440834
If you search my name you will find
1) some dumb petition I signed with my name on it
2) some dumb mailing list I participated in related to software with a few mundane technical questions
3) my political party affiliation

what's the big deal?
>>
>>54442004
Well a certain cached website result was carrying my name and an internet handle while I had actually changed them in the website itself. Google was carrying outdated cached result so I asked for it to removed using my real name as a word that no longer appears in the current version. I filed 25 requests, all of them were fulfilled.
>>
>>54442093
>3) my political party affiliation
If your country ever gets overthrown by an extremist party ot group with a different ideology you are basically fucked.
>>
>>54442321
I've only ever been registered for the Libertarian Party and GOP (USA), these aren't exactly fringe parties. Maybe if I was a pinko lefty I'd be scared but I'll probably be one of the people operating the helicopters.

What you have described is asinine. Much more significant things would probably trigger suspicion than having been a member of an ineffectual political party.
>>
>>54441869
I work at my uni and it didn't share anything about me .
>>
File: ebin youtube compression.jpg (42 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ebin youtube compression.jpg
42 KB, 1280x720
>google my name
>yugoslav war criminals
>>
>flagging yourself as outlier inside of the botnet framework
>>
>>54440834
Is it legit? I actually have bunch of results on my name
>>
I think that only removes the results from your "google bubble"
>>
Of course it's legit? I used this to purge most traces of me when some crazy fuck started stalking me online. It's supposed to be for removing outdated descriptions in the cache but I tricked it to remove a few entries - when it asks you to give a word that isn't on the page 'anymore', just make a convincing lie. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Mfw I search my name and the only thing left is my *friend's* embarassing weeaboo fanart.
>>
One account. All of Google.
Sign in to continue to Google.

google

google
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.