[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Mfw my R9 290 outperforms a 780ti these days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: furfagsmile.png (353 KB, 600x547) Image search: [Google]
furfagsmile.png
353 KB, 600x547
Why do people still buy Nvidia when their older generations get gimped so hard?
>>
>>54436634
There isn't anything gimp'd about the Fermi, red rooster.
>>
Gimpd drivers

Scared to buy the 1070 because Nvidia mite nuke the drivers to encourage me to buy a new card
>>
Do the cards actually perform worse than they used to, or do AMD cards just get better?

Or do Nvidia cards perform the same in old games but get less optimization for new games?
>>
>>54437281
>Do the cards actually perform worse than they used to
That happens when things get old. Millions of logic gates get fried and effective processing speed gets lowered due to computational errors.
>>
>>54437281
both, slightly
nvidia is confirmed to nerf older cards each generation so that the newer ones look better by comparison
amd is confirmed to at least try to constantly make their cards perform better, to give their customers better value

one is a brilliant marketting strategy
one is morally appreciable

take your pick
>>
>>54436634
>Why do people still buy Nvidia when their older generations get gimped so hard?
Those are people that not only don't mind the colossal 3.5 GB disaster, but also insist it is not a problem and continue recommending the worst graphics card released since the HD 2900 series.
There's no reasoning with them. If Nvidia decides to sell a literal piece of shit for $330 to replace the GTX 970, they will still buy it and defend vehemently that their Nvidia Piece of Shit if better than the R9 4xx that competes with it.
>>
>>54436706
This.

im not dropping $500usd on a 1080 when the TI will come out this very year.

490 here i come
>>
>>54437410
i know what you are talking about.

i got 1 of my friends to buy an r9 290.

his r9 290 fried up after 2,5 years on the pci-e plug and the cause was rather unknown if it might be the PSU or the GPU.

he gets told to buy an gtx 970 instead and rants on amd whenever i'm available
>>
>>54436634
I want to ____ that fox.
>>
Because I do Cuda programming
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.