[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my mom's netbook got "upgraded" to windows 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1455807831125.jpg (39 KB, 575x556) Image search: [Google]
1455807831125.jpg
39 KB, 575x556
my mom's netbook got "upgraded" to windows 10 automatically
I doubt it can even run that shit
>>
Netbooks are the biggest meme.

They are now replaced with chromebooks, which are even shittier.
>>
>>54435199

seriously, normies may as well get a tablet and a keyboard for it.
>>
>>54435183
Convince her to install Debian / Ubuntu / Arch / Manjaro / Slack
Only YOU can prevent Proprietary software.
>>
>>54435199

Remember, chromebooks are designed mostly for websurfing. Not for playing CS:GO.
>>
>>54435183
I bought my mom a MacBook Pro just so she wouldn't have to deal with the fall of Microsoft
>>
>>54435297
Literally all of those distributions offer proprietary software in their repositories, except for Slack. Not that it matters to me, I just use whatever software works best.

>>54435373
Good idea.

>>54435183
Roll it back and install GWX Control Panel. But image the hard drive beforehand in case she likes Win10, since they're going to stop giving it out in July.
>>
>>54435183
It'll run better than 7 or 8.1 did.
>>
>>54435199
on the contrary, chromebooks are great at what they do: they are designed for websurfing, and offer that in a light, compact machine with a 8+ hours battery, all at a non-shill price. I would personally never buy one, but as someone who hates using the internet on my phone I can see the appeal for one.
>>
>>54435183
Anything that can run Windows 7 can run Windows 10.

With some tweaks you may be able to squeeze more performance out of the netbook by running 10.
>>
She should do well with if she sticks with edge browser usage
>>
>>54435183
Windows 10 is a lot secure and very good. You should try it for a few days, you can always go back to older windows and it's 100% free and great with no strings attached.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.