[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Important book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: sggp_frontcvr_final.png (419 KB, 431x650) Image search: [Google]
sggp_frontcvr_final.png
419 KB, 431x650
Hello!
I read this book. Am I safe? I did what the book says. Did you read it? What do you think? I usually post not on this board, sorry. Do you think privacy is important for girls too? What did you do for privacy? Thank you! I will read every comment.
>>
>>54434562
Post feet. :3
>>
>>54434614
Did you read the book? Thank you.
>>
>>54434562
I'm going to pretend you're not just baiting and give this thread a reasonable reply.

>I read this book. Am I safe? I did what the book says.
Dunno. Didn't read it and don't plan to.

>I usually post not on this board, sorry.
Figures.

>Do you think privacy is important for girls too?
Privacy should be important to anyone, gender is irrelevant.

>What did you do for privacy?
Use a FOSS OS, avoid proprietary software and services when possible, don't use social media, browse the internet with Javascript disabled on untrusted websites, and use full disk encryption.
>>
>>54434652
If I say yes, will you post feet?

I bet your cute. :3
>>
>>54434562
Privacy is very important, and not because one needs to hide what they're doing necessarily, but because we behave differently when others are watching. You should read Glenn Greenwald's "No place to hide" to fully grasp how much you are being watched.

The more you give to this system (whether you mean to our not), the less control you have.
>>
>>54434562
>Am I safe?
no
>Did you read it?
no
>What do you think?
this >>54434614
>Do you think privacy is important for girls too?
what kind of retarded question is this
>What did you do for privacy?
not much these days
>>
>>54434740
I don't understand what you mean.

>>54434753
I wrote it down! I got this one in a download. I liked the book. Maybe read this one!

>>54434825
It's in the book that it's important for girls.

>>54434716
Why not read it?
Yes.
FOSS is Free & Opensource is that correct? With freedom. I want to read more about this and why it's freedom and also why it's 0$.
>>
>>54435076
>Why not read it?
I get enough actually technical info on how to be a paranoid tinfoil hat from the /fucko/ threads when they come up. I have other stuff to spend my time reading that isn't about online privacy.

>FOSS is Free & Opensource is that correct? With freedom. I want to read more about this and why it's freedom and also why it's 0$.
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.en.html

The point is that since anyone can see what the software does at a fundamental level, it is much harder to get anything malicious implemented without users seeing it.
>>
File: Bld52ibIUAANOcb.png (216 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
Bld52ibIUAANOcb.png
216 KB, 375x375
>>54434614

No thanks, I'll post my Master's degree though.
>>
>>54435231
Yes, do that.
>>
>>54434562
https://www.privacytools.io
>>
>>54435188
Okay

Goodnight!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.