[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. I have a problem that I cannot figure out. I just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Selection_001.png (80 KB, 793x486) Image search: [Google]
Selection_001.png
80 KB, 793x486
Hey guys. I have a problem that I cannot figure out.

I just installed ubuntu 16.04 and when it boots my mouse and keyboard do not work. No lights or anything. This problem didn't happen in the live disk or my windows partition.

In order to get past the login screen I have to unplug and plug them back in several times and eventually they start working.

Anybody know of what it might be?
>>
xD
>>
>>54432414
>>>/g/fglt
>>
>>54432414
fuck off GNUtard
>>
Google might give you answers.
>>54432460
Fuck off pajeet
>>
check dmesg, m8
see if it says anything about anything
>>
>>54432480
I tried googling it. I couldn't find anything that sounded like my problem. There is also a good chance i'm not googling the right thing.
>>
>>54432414
Have you tried the #ubuntu irc channel, they are usually good and getting to the root of these kind of problems
>>
>>54432527
I find the ubuntuforums are the best. You'll get like 10 tryhard Ubunteros come running to help and usually one of those ten knows what he's talking about.
>>
File: phucktank@Ubuntu: ~_002.png (362 KB, 1589x972) Image search: [Google]
phucktank@Ubuntu: ~_002.png
362 KB, 1589x972
>>54432494
This looks like it could be the issue. I'm still new to linux so I'm not sure what it means.
>>
>>54432607
https://paulphilippov.com/articles/how-to-fix-device-not-accepting-address-error

Try this
>>
>>54432414
Install Windows
>>
>>54432649
Just tried it and it did not fix it.
>>
I had that issue once with a mouse after a kernal update. it would take like 10 seconds to start. but I guess it went away randomly due through other updates. prob 2 years ago I guess.
>>
>>54432835
Did you actually power your rig off or just turn it off? You should disconnect it from the mains for a minute if you didn't.

Also this post from there seemed relevant:

This doesn't work for me, but I'll leave here the solution that I fund in: 
"unix.stackexchange.com/questions/72625/why-is-usb-not-working-in-linux-when-it-works-in-uefi-bios"
I hope that this would help someone.
"It seems with newer Gigabyte mainboards (at least) there is a BIOS option called IOMMU Controller that is disabled by default and gives no clue or indication as to what it is for.
Enabling this setting and rebooting "magically" restores all my USB and networking problems in a 64-bit Linux OS (doesn't matter which one)."
If this also doesn't work, yu can try adding "iommu=soft" to the kernel command line.
>>
That's linux for you
>>
Buy a mac

and /g/ isn't your tech support.
>>
>>54432460
Get the fuck back to >>>/v/ gaymer manchild
>>
>>54432960
This, I doubt a Mac would have faulty power to its USB ports as they only have one
>>
>>54432981
But BSD has no gaymes. GNUcuck.
>>
>>54432985
>he thinks it's a hardware issue when the OP said it was fine in windows.

kek.
>>
Try dmesg --follow, it kinda works now once I used a extension cable but my mouse used to disconnect every second, the same thing in Windows, had that annoying peripheral plug in sound going off all the time too.
>>
>>54432897
I unpluged and everything. I didn't find a setting in my bios like that.
>>
>>54432897

I unplugged from the wall and everything and it did nothing. Also i do not see a setting in my bios like that.

I don't think it's a hardware problem, but I'm willing to try everything.
>>
Since it worked o nthe live CD but not on the install you might be missing some extra drivers.
go to settings, then software, then additional hardware and see if you need extra drivers.
>>
>>54433305
There is nothing there for extra drivers. I've also installed ubuntu 3 times and also did ubuntu mate to try and fix it. It was the same issue everytime
>>
>>54433385
Try with the last LTF version 14.04.3 and see if it helps, BTW what's your mobo?
>>
>>54433434
Asus Z97-A
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.