[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i just had the weirdest problem with two computers. both use
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1458431459690.jpg (171 KB, 1920x1076) Image search: [Google]
1458431459690.jpg
171 KB, 1920x1076
i just had the weirdest problem with two computers. both use windows:

user in computer A has to execute a program that's in a network drive that maps a shared folder in computer B. when user executes it, computer A can't reach computer B. it stops answering ping, but it works correctly again after a few minutes

i checked and in fact computer B is receiving the icmp packets. it just ignores them. why would this be? i found out that computer B starts ignoring computer A's packets after it denies access to the share a few times (computer A tried to 'tree connect' and computer B would deny access). then computer A closes session, sends a packet with the RST flag and that's when computer B starts ignoring computer A packets. this is the weirdest thing i've ever came across.

another thing is that other computers do the same (executing that binary) and they work fine. it's just this computer that won't work. and it does a weird thing that the other computers don't: it doesn't tries to authenticate as 'computerA\user' but it sends '\' instead, which i think is called a null authentication. i tried to explicitly make it authenticate as 'computerA\user'. i don't use windows and i don't know what's happening here. it's very weird
>>
>>54431194
nice blog post
>>
>>54431194
Install Gentoo.
>>
>>54431212
what?
>>54431252
no. the people using these computers aren't good with computers. also they have to use software made for windows
>>
>>54431212
nice shitpost
>>
also i forgot to say that it isn't the firewall. so what the fuck? why would something besides the firewall drop packets like that?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.