[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This kills the AMD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 580x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 580x435
This kills the AMD
>>
Why does /g/ become so apprehensive about discussing GPU tech?

Is it because Linux never gets quality drivers so only Windows people can truly take advantage of their hardware?
>>
>>54427335
eh
proprietary nvidia drivers for gnu/linux are okay.
it's pretty much your only way of getting any stable GPU performance anyways.

it's the amd which falls short.
open source drivers reverse engineered by a bunch of neckbeards are better than what they release.
>>
>>54427362
AMD doesn't even have drivers for the latest Ubuntu LTS release. Now all my fullscreen videos have horizontal lines running through them.

>Thanks AMD
>>
>>54427335
It's because fucking children who only care about "GAYMZ" and don't give a shit about practical uses for computers care about GPUs.
>>
>>54427455
What practical applications are you even talking about? Not like I'm going to be personally protein folding.
>>
>>54427335
We've had about 20 threads about this since the presentation probably while you were asleep.
>>
>>54427225
paper launching a highly oc'ed card
calling it founders
instantly charge up the msrp for 1080 +100 and for 1070 +70
annc launch day for 27 of may and on market 10 june only for founders cards
literally launching a refrence oc card
op thinks it will destroy amd
wonder what will happen when the real normal cards hits the market on july
>>
>>54427448
they have a hybrid driver since oh i dont know 7 months now? you probably didnt really look at all for them
>>
no it doesn't.

as usual nividia won't price them aggressively and the performance leaks are showing nothing more than a reasonable incremental improvement (reasonable: as in quite decent but nothing to brag about).

Anyone with half a brain would wait for the Ti's (or the competition), which is a shitty practice put up by nvidia. They literally milk you twice for the "same" thing.
>>
>>54427663
Nvidia is like those hookers who charge extra for fucking them in the ass.

You can have pussy for the standart 450 bucks, and, if you wish, the Butthole Ti ® for another 700. Well, they're a bit worse...
>>
>>54427455

There are no other practical uses for high end computers than gaming and photoshop
>>
>>54427335
are you new? children get exited about every new tech announcement, especially if it is a video card, oh so dear for OP.
>>
>>54427722
and the drivers expire at the hour mark.
>>
>>54427722
and minesweeper
>>
>>54427455
/g/ indulges in its delusion of being of a higher breed than /v/.
>>
>>54427335
>implying autistic loonix users make better posts
kek
>>
>>54427777
Checked
>>
File: 1446135022244.jpg (44 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1446135022244.jpg
44 KB, 500x435
>>54427335

nvidia marketing in full effect

the 290x beats the 980ti in dx12
nvidia needs to hold up the image of superiority before people discover the hidden asian scam artist who sells a product which is made at the same exact factory on the same exact equipment as AMD, but costs twice as much for no apparent reason
>>
>dot matrix printers still exist in 2016
This kills the sides.
>>
>>54428356
you miss the point lol

the founders cards are a highly oc version of what would be the normal pascal cards..

you remember what happened with 4870 and 280?
i predict the same shit will happen again now
if p10 delivers to its promise of a 980ti perf on 300 then they will be force to cut a lot of money from 1070 to be competitive
>>
>>54428438
>
>>
>>54427335
NVIDIA works great on Linux, better than Windows.
Oh, you're an AMD user? Didn't you know NVIDIA is the way it's meant to be played™?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.